New 2008 Rules for A$$emblies?

by WTWizard 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

We know that the a$$emblies have become more programmed every year. They did away with food service. They cut off the Great Outdoors. They want people to stay in the building now. They have signs instructing people to be quiet and keep moving. They instruct people to only use one towel (a child size towel) per hand washing, or one section about a foot long. Candy machines and outside vendors are off limits. Advertising on food and drink packages is prohibited (if you have that Coke cup, it has to go). Milling around is now tightly regulated. People are herded like cattle into sections of the auditorium despite plenty of seating in the upper levels.

Additionally, they have last year told people to keep their embarrassment badges on at all times. They also want people to stay dressed up at all times, so they can impress any passer by. This has always been the policy, but they are cracking down on it as of last summer.

And they have the perennial rule that everyone must pick a hotel from the approved list. They have more enforcement lately, with the hounders noting anyone that picks off the list and marking them. Of course, they have rules about behavior at the motel, some of them sensible (but the witlesses, being that poor, usually cannot afford enough rooms to stay legal) and others frivolous. Children are supposed to be like miniature adults in the motel as well as at the a$$embly. That way, they can place littera-trash and make a good impression on others.

What I wonder is, what additional rules are they going to start imposing? Any guesses are appreciated, as well as backed rules (anyone with the insert in the Kingdumb Misery or a transcription of a hounder talk about that, or a letter to the hounders). Hopefully, we can get the message that these things are just too much of a hassle to even bother attending. Any rules that are specific to special and/or circuit a$$emblies (Big and Great Boasting Sessions) are also helpful.

• XOCO
    XOCO

The wardrobe at the JW Assembly Awards goes as follows:

Sisters must wear these hideous dresses at the awards ceremony so that they don't "tempt"the brothers....

Brothers are encouraged to wear Pimp suites and sip Kool-Aid out of the golden pimp cup to come up w/ways to keep everyone in step.. XOCO

• Satanus
    Satanus

Wow. More regimentation. Call it the wt farm project, where all the cows are trained to be better cows, stay in line, stay in their places, give better milk, crap only in specified places, keep their calves under control, etc.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I see literature reductions at the kingdom hall, telling the members that the only
    way to get the "new release" will be to go to the DC. That way, the production run
    can be smaller, they don't need to produce further copies to hand out.

They could get to the point where every cong. has a person you must "check in" with,
    to verify your attendance all three days.

With the heavy usage of Youtube, they might ban the videorecordings, threatening
    judicial meetings for disobedience. (Not this year, but soon.)

Assigned seating for congregations (easier to keep track of you).

Chips in your lapel badge to see if you leave the grounds at lunchtime.

Asking those that live in the area NOT to allow members to stay at their home, because
    "we counted the number expected to stay at hotels and used that expectation in our
    negotiations."

Telling the members how much they should use the hotel's restaurant because they
    can get better deals if you spend money there instead of other restaurants.

Telling everyone to refrain from alcohol during the evenings of the convention- it makes
    them look rowdy, it takes money from the contribution boxes.

There's still lots they can do.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Am I glad that I don't go to those indoctrination camps anymore.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    Telling everyone to refrain from alcohol during the evenings of the convention

I think that one is already in affect.

With the heavy usage of Youtube, they might ban the videorecordings, threatening
    judicial meetings for disobedience. (Not this year, but soon.)

I doubt that they can do that legally here in Canada. As long as they rent a public place and they don't charge for entry they can not ban video recording. They do try to limit it by a bunch of restriction but they can not legally ban it.

That one I think is a good one.

The more they are going to make these rules the more the are going to lose members, I think.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

all signs of a cult

• Layla33
    Layla33

What in the world? So you have to pack your lunch now and only at approved hotels? That's ridiculous. I swear this is indoctrination is too much. They want people to be robots and not people. I swear this herding has gone way too far.

• Open mind
    Open mind

WTWizard said:

"Advertising on food and drink packages is prohibited (if you have that Coke cup, it has to go)."

This certainly would go along with the "no logos" policy on clothing worn at quick build KH projects. But I've actually not heard the "No Coke cups at the DC" yet. Where did you hear this one?

OM

• horrible life
    horrible life

Oh Yes, I can see this very easily.

add

Children, no matter how old, if they live in the same household, should sit with their parents.

Badges will be preprinted, (if they aren't already) with your children's names also printed on them.

Badges will be scanned upon entering site. Letters and elders will be sent to those who miss.

Tickets for the book releases will be given with your badges, for every member in your household, over 5 years old. The ticket and your badge, will be scanned when you pick up your books.

To make it easier to make contributions, on a regular basis, the WT can now deduct your contribution from your bank account on a weekly or monthly basis. Magazines are still to be donated for. OR they can tack it onto your your monthly contribution.

You will now be able to buy a JW approved download for your computer. It will restrict bad websites, such as Christmas, and apostate sites. To keep your protected.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit