Who would be interested in a JWD book club?

by TheSilence 40 Replies latest social entertainment

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

i have just finished a Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaleed Hosseni as has Momz.

We both loved it it is the follow up to the Kite Runnerr

I have added it to the list... Scully recommended The Kite Runner. Do you think I should take A Thousand Splendid Suns off the list until The Kite Runner comes up since you say it is the follow up, or do you think it would make no difference to read them out of order?

Jackie

• llbh
    llbh

Hi Jackie

Do you think I should take A Thousand Splendid Suns off the list until The Kite Runner comes up since you say it is the follow up, or do you think it would make no difference to read them out of order?
    Jackie

No i think you did not need to read The Kite Runner first as it concerns different characters though the same country,

Read both, though they are great books and if possible see the Film Kite Runner it is an excellent flim

David

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

count me in

I haven't read the Kite Runner - what is it about?

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

yeah i'm in...i just started reading again lol

just so long as they all don't have to be 'worthy' books

• llbh
    llbh

Hi Ql

The Kite Runner is set in Aghanistan and later the USA it explores the relationship between two boys and journeys into manhood. One boy is the son of servant and the other is the son of the master.The Taliban arrive and their paths diverge in every way. The interplay between the two boys is expolred on many levels.

Also examined is the sense of duty between the two amd honour. Like a Thousand Slendid Suns this book is en emotional roller coaster . I loved it

Regards David

• TheSilence
    TheSilence
    just so long as they all don't have to be 'worthy' books

Nope, you can suggest anything you want. I only chose Poe first because of the time crunch and we can do his short stories ;)

Jackie

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I'm up to my eyeballs in studying until summer but certainly count me in after then.

Some of George Orwell's books - particularly Animal Farm and 1984 would be good.

How about poetry books too? Each of us could then select and review a favourite poem maybe and say why and how it impacts us

I'd say no more than one book per month though.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence
    Some of George Orwell's books - particularly Animal Farm and 1984 would be good.

Both are officially added to the list.

How about poetry books too? Each of us could then select and review a favourite poem maybe and say why and how it impacts us

Just suggest a book, I'll add it to the list.

I'd say no more than one book per month though.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, too. At the very least it's how I'll start it out and we'll see how it goes from there ;)

Jackie

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Any other book suggestions out there?

Jackie

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Stones From The River

A Handmaiden's Tale

Share this

Google+
Pinterest