Accessibility to guns to blame for violence?

by 5thGeneration 47 Replies latest jw friends

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I think we should give law abiding citizens guns and take them away from all the criminals and crazy people.

Problem solved.

See how easy it is to solve all our problems?

The Oracle

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

For The Oracle:

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

For 5th Generation:

alt

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Sorry Oracle.

I don't get it!

Fighter pilot with green eyes has something to do with the Utopian view that law abiding citizens can have guns but we can somehow take them away from criminals?

OK!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Guns don't kill people. People with guns kill people, using guns. Or something.

• oldflame
    oldflame

Historians have shown and pointed out that when it was common for people to carry guns on their person during the 19th century in the old west and elsewhere there was quite

a lot of gun violence occurring. It got so bad at one point , and I can't remember the name of the town, it was in the west , they had to ban anyone from carrying one within

the city limits or else they were throw in jail

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that was in Tombstone, Az. It was done by the Earps.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

worldtraveller - no statistics for South Africa - wow - I'm sorry to say this about my own country but our violent crime is horrifically high. Accessability to guns, be it legal or not is far too easy, and to top it off with uneducated people using them. Some of the things I hear or that are reported will put the fear of "my people" deep in your core. When our governement wants to disban our most successfull crime fighters, when our chief of police (also a big shot in intepol) is arrested for crime and corruption - it is a sad sad day.

I'll see if I can post South Africas' stats up - but we are one of the most violent countries in the world, and yet one of the most beautiful.

I weep for my country

http://www.capegateway.gov.za/eng/pubs/public_info/C/86878/1

the above link shows stats from 1994/95 to 2003/4 - I'm looking for the current figures - no luck yet.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

It's called a sense of humor you SOB!

Get one!

LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit