WT Comments (2/11 FIRST "STUDY EDITION") FEATURING MARY

by V 47 Replies latest watchtower bible

• V
    V
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

5) The vast majority of mankind, however, are unaware of the real significance of world events. As a result, many are anxious about their own safety and that of their families. The loss of loved ones in death or other personal tragedies leave many distraught. Without accurate knowledge of why such things happen and where the solution lies, these people are without hope .-Eph. 2:12.

The vast majority of mankind, however, are unaware of the real significance of world events.

Now this is an interesting statement to make and I’m sure few Dubs sitting there would ever dream of asking this, but if Jehovah’s Witnesses have “covered the globe” with their preaching, if their main objective is to preach to every man, woman and child, and if they’ve been doing this preaching work for nearly a century then why is the “majority of mankind” completely unaware of their impending doom? Either the Witnesses are doing a lousy job of “this life-saving work” or they’ve simply cried wolf so often that no one bats an eyelash. If they are consistently spending over a billion hours preaching to the world each year, then you would think that ‘the world’ would be only too aware of the message of doom hope that the Witnesses have been preaching about.

This, more than almost anything else, is a clear indication of how useless and futile their ‘main activity is.’

What a great point. Why do they bother? The vast majority of mankind are not rejecting the message
    but are "unaware" of the significance. If the JW's say that the work will be sped up and made crystal
    clear before the end, then why not wait for that to happen? Meanwhile, WTS can find a better method
    of reaching the billions who are unaware, and let the minions work full time and go on vacations.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    He urges his servants to make all possible efforts to help save as many lives as they can. Each minister of God must make known the lifesaving message found in God's Word. Our task is similar to that of a watchman who sounds a warning when he sees an impending threat. We do not want the blood of those in danger of perishing to be upon our heads. (Ezek. 33:1-7) How vital, therefore, that we persevere in our efforts to "preach the word"!-Read 2 Timothy 4:1, 2, 5.

He urges his servants to make all possible efforts to save as many lives as they can.

Basically a repeat of paragraph one with them using Old Faithful (Ezekiel 33:1-7) as a guilt trip as well as to instill terror into the hearts of the rank and file, in order for them to do more, more, more.

Unless you need blood. Then 'hober's Gooberning Body wants you dead,dead,dead.

Burn

• delilah
    delilah
    Consider the example of Kevin and Elena , from the United States.* As was normal for young newlyweds in their area, they felt that they had to buy a house. Both worked full-time and could maintain a comfortable lifestyle. Yet, their work schedule and jobs around the home left little time for field service. They realized that they were dedicating almost all their time and energy to their possessions. However, when they observed the simple lifestyle of a happy pioneer couple, Kevin and Elena decided to change the focus of their lives. After seeking Jehovah's direction in prayer, they sold their house and moved into an apartment. Elena reduced the hours she worked secularly and became a pioneer. Encouraged by the experiences his wife was enjoying, Kevin quit his full-time job and began pioneering. Some time later, they moved to a South American country to serve where the need for Kingdom preachers is great. "We always had a happy marriage," says Kevin, "but when we worked toward spiritual goals, our happiness reached an even deeper level."-Read Matthew 6:19-22.

And when Elena becomes pregnant, and there are health issues, they must move back to the U.S. and move into the basement of mom and dad's house. Kevin must now find a job that will pay him minimum wages, oops! There goes the pioneering now...he has a family to support.

They realize that they need more privacy, and so they strive to save to buy their own home again, because they had to use the money they got from the sale of their house, and any retirement money they had been saving, to live in that South American country.

So, they begin all over again, and wished to God they had just kept their home to begin with!

• XOCO
    XOCO

MARY i can tell u had a little lamb 4 dinner (ha ha Mary had a little lamb...) and shredded the study article into threads.

What possibilities might young Christians or those with relatively few responsibilities consider?

16 Are you a young dedicated Christian who has finished or is close to finishing your required schooling? Likely, you do not yet have weighty family responsibilities. So, what do you plan to do with your life? What decisions will best enable you to fulfill your promise to do Jehovah's will? Many have organized their affairs in order to pioneer, and they have reaped great joy and satisfaction as a result.-Ps. 110:3; Ecc1.12:1.

I can't believe that kids still get duped by this tactic the ppl in the writing department should have SPECIFIED what blessing a young person should receive such as no one will hire someone beyond a HS diploma. Most jobs here in FLA require more than HS stuff even to pick up trash!!. another blessing is that the young ones will be the drivers for the car group wasting their gas!!!. I hate how they make these kids think that praying to Jah and doing whats required of them as some sort of wishing well think of the line in Napoleon Dynamite: "All of your wildest dreams will come true." I know none of my wildest came true if i did what WT/elders told me to do.

XOCO

• snowbird
    snowbird

Mary, you've done a fantastic job of sifting thru the WT's double-speak and revealing this article for what it is - brainwashing at its best.

My baby girl is in univeristy right now with a 4.0 GPA. I dare any elder to try to dissuade her from furthering her education! Enough already!

Sylvia

• sacolton
    sacolton

I think this goes for all those who dedicate their lives to full-time Pioneering for the WartsTower. Once you stop,
    you'll be faced with many problems with income and housing because the organization won't help you. Whoops!
    No social security? No pension? No medical benefits? When then?

• juni
    juni

Excellent commentary Mary...

Did you ever get to play in a bell chorus??

• Mary
    Mary
    snowbird said: My baby girl is in univeristy right now with a 4.0 GPA. I dare any elder to try to dissuade her from furthering her education! Enough already!

There are few things the elders fear or dispise more than a woman with a university degree. It jes pisses them off for some reason.

juni said: Excellent commentary Mary...Did you ever get to play in a bell chorus??

Nope. Although I now take great pleasure in singing the Christmas Carols at work with everyone else in December. Eat your heart out Crooklyn!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Wow...that WT commentary was so thorough, I had to save the whole thing. I was laughing the whole way through; I just love your flippant tone. I'm pretty much the president of your fan club.

You WIN, ma'am!

I Mary's writing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit