WT Comments (2/11 FIRST "STUDY EDITION") FEATURING MARY

by V 47 Replies latest watchtower bible

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is the beginning of tightening up. You have to give up your job, your house, and your life in order to do more field circus. Young ones out of high school are to remain sexless for the next [any number they feel like] years (and why cut it short--if they make it to 30, they should continue pioneering single to 40; at 40, they need to continue to 50...). And they are to forgo college.

I can see what's next. The single guy, with strong hope for getting married, giving that up totally and pioneering for 85 years and having faked reports of not regretting it. Or, the person that was putting in 200 hours a month realizing that, if he would just give up sleep totally and quit working, eating, and all recreation and entertainment, he could make that 500 hours a month (and claiming to enjoy it, or at least faking it). You might start hearing reports that people are realizing that following safe, prudent speed limits is limiting what they could do and if they go at speeds approaching 200 MPH in the city, they can get a lot more done (and sprinting to the doors, recklessly). Or, just being in a physical body in real space stopping people from getting infinitely more done in an infinitely short time, and keeping that up forever.

Maybe I should apply that lesson. Instead of going door to door with apostate flyers, I should rig my computer to start sending out mass spam apostate flyers to everyone. Hey, why just use my computer--there is a whole botnet out there. If I could just take the whole botnet and use it solely to distribute apostate flyers, I could get it worldwide in a few minutes. And, if I start using processors with speeds in the order of yottahertz (that is, septillions of cycles per second) and memory in the order of yottabytes, I could do it even quicker. The work would be sealed in seconds, and no one would ever fall for the scam again.

Or, maybe I should invent the time machine and undermine Plato's religious foundation. Then there would be no platform for the Watchtower Society (Plato was pro-rules). Getting Aristotle's pro-freedom philosophies enacted would ruin the Watchtower Society from the source up.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is the beginning of tightening up. You have to give up your job, your house, and your life in order to do more field circus. Young ones out of high school are to remain sexless for the next [any number they feel like] years (and why cut it short--if they make it to 30, they should continue pioneering single to 40; at 40, they need to continue to 50...). And they are to forgo college.

I can see what's next. The single guy, with strong hope for getting married, giving that up totally and pioneering for 85 years and having faked reports of not regretting it. Or, the person that was putting in 200 hours a month realizing that, if he would just give up sleep totally and quit working, eating, and all recreation and entertainment, he could make that 500 hours a month (and claiming to enjoy it, or at least faking it). You might start hearing reports that people are realizing that following safe, prudent speed limits is limiting what they could do and if they go at speeds approaching 200 MPH in the city, they can get a lot more done (and sprinting to the doors, recklessly). Or, just being in a physical body in real space stopping people from getting infinitely more done in an infinitely short time, and keeping that up forever.

Maybe I should apply that lesson. Instead of going door to door with apostate flyers, I should rig my computer to start sending out mass spam apostate flyers to everyone. Hey, why just use my computer--there is a whole botnet out there. If I could just take the whole botnet and use it solely to distribute apostate flyers, I could get it worldwide in a few minutes. And, if I start using processors with speeds in the order of yottahertz (that is, septillions of cycles per second) and memory in the order of yottabytes, I could do it even quicker. The work would be sealed in seconds, and no one would ever fall for the scam again.

Or, maybe I should invent the time machine and undermine Plato's religious foundation. Then there would be no platform for the Watchtower Society (Plato was pro-rules). Getting Aristotle's pro-freedom philosophies enacted would ruin the Watchtower Society from the source up.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Mary....Incisive commentary as usual!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

The opening comments were powerful - but due to time constraints I must return to further my spiritual instruction a little later.

Thanx Mary. I have been invited as 'guest conductor' in the future - but know that I could not hope to be as fluently persuasive with my winsome words as you. Hat doffed to you.

Jeff

• Mary
    Mary
    SirNose said: Wow...that WT commentary was so thorough, I had to save the whole thing. I was laughing the whole way through; I just love your flippant tone.

It's funny, but it wasn't until I read the paragraph about the world not being 'aware' of their inpending doom, did I suddenly think "why are they not aware of this if the 'preaching work' is being done throughout the earth?' It's amazing how much better your brain works when you can think outside the box!

WTWizard said: This is the beginning of tightening up. You have to give up your job, your house, and your life in order to do more field circus. Young ones out of high school are to remain sexless for the next [any number they feel like] years (and why cut it short--if they make it to 30, they should continue pioneering single to 40; at 40, they need to continue to 50...). And they are to forgo college.

I fear that you are absolutely correct WT. Despite my injected humour into this study article, I almost felt nauseous when I first read it as it's becoming clear that the mighty mouths at the top are really starting to close ranks and are coming down harder on anyone who wants to try and live a normal life. It is the one major difference between the Witnesses and the Mormons. While both are very similar in many ways, the Mormons encourage large families, higher education and good jobs which has obviously worked to their benefit: larger families means more future members and higher education and good jobs means higher tithes.

The Governing Body are confusing the R&F with their messages: don't have any kids, don't go to university and don't take a job if it means missing meetings. But at the same time, we expect growth in the ranks, we expect you to support the cost of living for CO's, DO's, Bethelites and the rest of the elite.

AK-Jeff said: The opening comments were powerful - but due to time constraints I must return to further my spiritual instruction a little later.

You're not going out in Service this morning are ya Jeff??

Thanx Mary. I have been invited as 'guest conductor' in the future - but know that I could not hope to be as fluently persuasive with my winsome words as you. Hat doffed to you.

You're a sweetie for saying that but don't kid yourself: You're a damn good writer and I'll bet your review of the Craptower study will be excellent.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

MARY:

Thank you for always exposing these old men in New York for what they really are! You're the only one on JWD that's kicks them where it hurts. Everyone here is too kind to these old and washed up men who's motto you said so eloquently:

You’re all a bunch of slackers and you need to do more, more more!!!

13) Other difficulties that many have to contend with are advancing age and poor health , which may limit what they can reasonably do in the preaching work. If that is true of you, do not be discouraged. Jehovah is well aware of your limitations and appreciates what you can do. (Read 2 Corinthians 8:12.) Whatever kind of adversity you may be facing — opposition, apathy, or ill health-do all that your circumstances allow you to do in sharing the good news with others.-Prov. 3: 27; compare Mark 12:41-44.

Someone in my mom's congregation has been told that he has cancer. He is on his 2nd treatment and is sick as a dog. Lost all his hair,doesn't eat as much because food don't taste the same, sleeping more and very depressed.

My mom told me that he is now telephone witnessing since is too sick to go out. WOW! Here this person is only worried about his health and beating cancer and the only thing the WTS worry about is if he made at least 2 hours in field service.

• Gill
    Gill

Excellent work, Mary!

Why do 'the sheep' allow themselves to be treated in this way?

Makes me wonder what will happen now as the world slips into recession and can't afford to waste time, money and life on the Craptower instructions. Will some begin to wake up and see the hypocrisy and impossibility of the WT demands?

It appears that the study Watchtowers have become cold, hard hearted and more wicked and uncaring than previous Watchtowers.

But then some people 'enjoy' being mistreated and abused, don't they.

Perhaps current Jehovah's Witnesses are just masachistic and perhaps even too mentally unbalanced to know when they're being taken advantage of!

• watson
    watson

He urges his servants to make all possible efforts to save as many lives as they can.

In the last 3 weeks, over 6,000,000 people died. How many were born?

How many found the "truth?"

The numbers just aren't working here.....maybe it's just busy work?

• Mary
    Mary
    Gill said: Makes me wonder what will happen now as the world slips into recession and can't afford to waste time, money and life on the Craptower instructions. Will some begin to wake up and see the hypocrisy and impossibility of the WT demands?

I doubt it. In fact, the Writing Department probably welcomes a Recession because it's further "proof" that "critical times hard to deal with" are upon us----which of course means that the Big A is imminent.

It appears that the study Watchtowers have become cold, hard hearted and more wicked and uncaring than previous Watchtowers.

I agree. I've heard rumours that there's alot of dissention between the Writing Dept. and the Service Dept. I've also heard that it's Ted Jackass that's is keeping a hard line on doctrine and independent thinking. It should be interesting to see what happens once he croaks, if a more sane line of reasoning might be the order of the day.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Mary what an excellent post. I am SURE if they had you for JUST ONE Sunday sermon... The whole congregation would leave, if you use your usual " salty words" LOL

Keep up the good work .....Babylon might fall just by your works .....Now send your time into Brooklyn girl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit