What does Jehovah do?

by LouBelle 30 Replies latest jw friends

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

He is busy collecting everyones spirits when they die. With all the people who die each day, it must take some time to shine that light from the other side to each and every person who passed!

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

He's more of an imaginary friend than he is an all-powerful being. What else would you call an entity who nobody could see, hear, talk to or otherwise interact with? If He wants me to think otherwise, He's going to have to communicate a little better. Hell, if he would just say "Hi!", that would be great!

• sacolton
    sacolton

The usual bet? One dollar?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Lou Belle ; good question I think Yahweh is a real sadist sitting up there watching us all suffer

• sacolton
    sacolton

Isn't that what Al Pacino said in The Devil's Advocate?

Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. He's a prankster. Think about it. He gives man instincts. He gives you this extraordinary gift, and then what does He do, I swear for His own amusement, his own private, cosmic gag reel, He sets the rules in opposition. It's the goof of all time. Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow. Ahaha. And while you're jumpin' from one foot to the next, what is he doing? He's laughin' His sick, fuckin' ass off! He's a tight-ass! He's a SADIST! He's an absentee landlord! Worship that? NEVER!
  • jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I have to throw my 2 cents in. If you want to think this way. Jehovah is the mysterious energy source operating the whole universe, the source of the big bang.

Jesus is a God and in the way the mormans teach it and the bible itself teaches we can be gods just like Jesus. The scriptures say we can all raise the dead and do great works if we believe.

So when we get the belief part down we will get our own planet and be Gods like Jesus. If you look up in the sky at night you can see our planets waiting for us.

Then we will have our world to run like jesus runs this one and we will check in with Jehovah from time to time.

This is something I came across from researching mormanism or the latter day saints church of Utah.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    God likes to watch. He's a prankster.

Ande he keeps changing the rules:

Here's the bet with Satan: Let's see if Man is better off ruling himself.
    I say No, Satan says YES.
    Oops, I forgot to keep the angels from interfering with my bet with Satan.
    Now I gotta flood the whole place and get rid of the interference.
    I will pick a guy who will probably be the best to help me win- How about Noah?

Noah did pretty good, but I don't know. I think I will keep Man busy by having
    all the animals stay in fear of Men. They won't have time to get their ruling
    right if they have to chase after the animals.
    Oh, now what? Noah learned the pleasures of being drunk. Well that will
    ensure I win the bet. But let me put some family problems in there. I will
    let hung-over Noah decide how to punish his son for seeing him drunk and
    naked. Whatever Noah says, I will do. Curse Canaan his grandson? You
    got it.

(Later) Oh no, I might lose the bet. There's nothing Men cannot do when they
    get together and decide to do it. I will confuse their languages and keep them
    from getting together. That way, they will think differently, not understand each
    other and keep at war with each other. I am sure to win that bet.

It goes on and on like this. Jehovah keeps interfering with wars and peoples.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

What does he do. . .hmmm, don't know but am sure he's hourly, not real productive.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

He flourishes inside the human psychology of imagination and ideology the same place he was born and remains so today and will probably remain there in to eternity.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Well Jehovah makes quakes and storms, causes all kinds of disasters. That's his job, really. He is a part timer because he needs all kinds of rest. While Jesus, as the master workman, built everything, the entire cosmos, Jehovah had to rest up for an eon just for supervising the whole project. (Gen. 1)

It wore poor old Jehovah out watching that young whippersnapper Jesus going to and fro, schlepping universal building materials around. By the end of the week, the big Jah was in a snooze. But comes payday, who do you think gets the credit? Who horns in and demands most of the worship and praise? Is that thunder I hear, or just more snoring?

To summarize, Jesus stacked up all the bricks and put everything in order, and Jehovah occasionally awakens from his slumber and smacks something down.

This I know, for the Bible tells me so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit