by LouBelle 30 Replies latest jw friends

• shadowofbathory
    shadowofbathory

dina i dont mean to offend and apologise

i dont have the energy to articulate but

has everyone gone insane?

• Robert7
    Robert7

Maybe Jehovah is the "President and CEO of the universe" and Jesus is the "Regional VP in charge of Earth".

Maybe there are Jesus-like messiahs on other distant planets, who are Regional VP for this planet and that planet.

Never know...

• sacolton
    sacolton

Well, let me tell you ... my other feeling is like this ...

In the beginning, humans couldn't quite grasp the concept of death. Why do we die? Humans need answers and no answers came.
    The impact of death became quite depressing. When a son asks his father, "Dad, why is the sky blue?" and without really knowing
    the answer the father says, "It's magic!". This is perhaps the same solution to explain death to the early humans. "What happens
    when we die?" and the answer becomes "We go to paradise!". Gods are created to explain events, weather, seasons, etc.
    We create these myths to soothe those who can't handle the idea that death, is indeed, final. No afterlife. No paradise. Nothing.
    This just won't do. Mankind needs something better ... a better answer than that or we might just become suicidal. So, to calm
    the fears - we create bedtime stories that ease our concerns of death. Like telling our children that their nightlight will keep all
    the monsters in the closet away. We need Gods to keep our fear of death away. What happens when we die? "Magic!"

I really hope I'm wrong about this. I really do.

- sacolton

• JH
    JH

What does Jehovah do?

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

shadow - I think it's a positvely valid question - if Jesus is doing everything from creating to saving mankind, what do "we" need Jehovah for? If I'm going to worship 1 god I'm going for the one that does the saving - and there is no name under the sun except jesus christ by which you will be saved (not that I actually believe Jesus saves me...but for the sake of debate)

oh and you couldn't possibley offend me.

sacolton - your avatar is halarious

• sacolton
    sacolton

Thanks, LouBelle ... here is what I really look like ...

alt

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

Without turning this into a flame war, shadowofbathory just did what all witnesses do. When confronted they get aggressive and then try to shift focus off the posed question either a) because they think they are right and do not need to contradict and answer said question or b) they CAN'T answer the question. Not picking on anyone, I am just saying is all.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

As it was Valentines Day yesterday, I expect he was having fun with Asherah.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I believe that Jehovah sits there in heaven watching for someone's life to ruin, and then directs circumstances to sabotage every effort that person makes to be happy. He might allow the person to make a good decision that should have good results, and then when the time is right, He throws that decision out and makes a sxxx decision and forces that one instead of the good decision that was made.

And, of course, He makes black marks against anyone that has any fun, misses a boasting session, or does anything that is normal for humans. And He takes credit for anything good that anyone does, or for anything good that happens despite His best efforts to ruin it.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I don't fit the qualifications set out on this thread (current JW or someone who
    believes in the 2 spirits of Jesus and Jehovah) but I can answer the question.

The book of Job shows what Jehovah does. Job 1:6 tells us that the sons of
    the true God "take their station before Jehovah."

Jehovah runs the big meetings and gathers reports from his angels.

The book of Job further shows that God is a gambler. Satan bets him that he
    can get Job to curse him. Jehovah takes the bet, a gentleman's bet, no money
    involved. It's just like the movie, "Trading Places."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit