What does Jehovah do?

by LouBelle 30 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Okay this is for current Jws' - if there are lurkers, or for those that may not neccessarily believe in Jehovah but believe that him and Jesus are 2 different spirits.

We have Jesus - creating the world and everything in it, then he's on earth healing, preaching. He dies, gets resurrected and goes back to heaven. Throws satan and his demons outta heaven in 1914, rules the kingdom, checking sure that everything is going smoothly.......

What is Jehovah doing? What is this almighty god up too? Does he walk around with a clipboard checking off whatever Jesus does? I mean if jesus is the ""main man"" why have a god above him that does nothing .

• BFD
    BFD

From what I can tell he is a real estate agent in Brooklyn, NY.

BFD

• shadowofbathory
    shadowofbathory

is this a joke?

if not there has never been a more stupid question asked on this forum before

re read it after you sober up lady

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Aw you hurt my feelings.......you still didn't answer the question shadow.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Maybe nowadays he posts here under the name "shadowofbathory".

• dinah
    dinah

Shadow,

That was mean and uncalled for.

My question is what are both of them doing now while their creation seems to be going straight down the crapper.

• sacolton
    sacolton

My own thoughts is Jehovah is completely removed from the situation on Earth. He has handed everything over to His Son.
    It is like a business - instead of "Jehovah & Son" - the Father gives his son the whole business. As for Jehovah, I'm sure
    He is still creating wonderful and amazing things in the universe. I hope we can marvel over them someday.

- sacolton

• Robert7
    Robert7

That's an interesting question. I used to wonder the same thing. If Jehovah is all powerful, first of all why need Jesus? He doesn't need help.

As an all-powerful God, he doesn't need rest. So he's doing nothing... or doesn't exist...

• sacolton
    sacolton

Interestingly, Jehovah did try several times to fix the mess that Adam & Eve started. He created a flood to wipe out the
    evil ones. Sin continued to follow. He created the Mosiac Law for the Jews. They couldn't follow it or grasp the concept
    of pure worship. Human-kind just can't be fixed with floods and strict rules. We're hopeless. So, a last-ditch effort to
    save all with a simple ransom sacrifice and the belief of His salvation.

What I don't understand is in Matthew says, "And when the Good News about the Kingdom is preached throughout
    the world, to all nations; and then will come the end."

Hasn't this prophecy been fulfilled? I'm sure it is not suggesting we need to preach to the small tribes in the middle
    of the Rain Forest ...

So, how much longer? Can mankind last another thousand years without destroying ourselves?

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

dinah - not in the least worried - let his god judge him as he has judged me and according to his bible it'll be 10 fold worse - viva

sacolton - as humans I doubt we'll ever truly get to see the wonderful majesty of the universe. If Jehovah has handed everything over and Jesus is in control really of earth, who does one pay dues too? Oh and similar to your Matt 24 : 14 question there is a thread on 1Thessalonians - ""peace & security and then sudden distruction"" that year was 1986 - still waiting for the sudden distruction. Another failed prediction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit