I just recieved a gift... now what?

by LtCmd.Lore 13 Replies latest jw friends

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

I don't get presents very often... no birthday presents or christmas presents, you know the deal. So I really don't know how to act.

Well my older sister just gave me a painting. No occasion. She just decided to paint a picture for me. I'm really not into art, but I like it. It's in a nice frame and everything. I assume she bought the frame too.

As far as I can remember, this is the first real 'present' I've recieved in over 5 years. I've been given stuff, but it's normally second-hand electronics that somebody broke, and they gave it to me because I can use it and they can't. This on the other hand, was made with the specific intention of being given to me.

So now what do I do?

Lore - W.W.S.D?

• Open mind
    Open mind

What Would Satan Do?

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Just say thank you and tell her how you feel. I'm not sure if that is what Satan would do but it's a start.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Obviously your sister has initiated a game of one-upsmanship with you.

Buy her a house.

A really, really nice house with at least a couple of acres and a heated pool.

Then say, "Your move."

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Bask in some joy at being thought of,
    Shed a tear if the feeling comes up,
    Thank her for her thinking of you,
    Let her know how important this was.

Find a nice place to hang the picture that lets you see it when you like - when coming in, when leaving, when at rest, where ever works.

;-)

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    What Would Satan Do?

Maybe that's why I'm so lost... I don't recall Satan ever recieving a present...

Just say thank you and tell her how you feel.

That sounds good, but Nathan's suggestion sounds more fun.

• Maddie
    Maddie

Sometimes its harder to receive a gift than to give one. Let her know how much you like it and how much it means to you that she wanted to do this for you.

Maddie

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

You tell her thank you. Ask her how long it took for her to paint it. Compliment the frame. Tell her that it was a very thoughtful gift.

momz

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I'd start with a thank you, then maybe hang it on the wall.

Kwin

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

You say thank you.

Then you can start thinking about what angle shes working.

quid pro quo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit