by sacolton 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

Welcome to the forum!!!

Open Mind

• sacolton
    sacolton

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Just thinking about 1925 and how the organization had Beth-Sarim built for the resurrection of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob to crash. What scripture did they get that from because I must have missed it at the meetings? Did it go something like, "And thoust must create a mansion for the ancient worthies in San Diego, California for their resurrection in 1925"? Additionally, Rutherford had two 12-cylinder Cadillacs for them to cruise around in. Was he going to teach them how to drive too?

Rutherford: "Okay, Abraham, hold down the clutch and shift to first gear ... yeah, now give it alittle gas ... just tap it. Tap it! Now let up on the clutch and ... NO! Slowly! SLOWLY! Now, give it some gas ... not too much! TOO MUCH! WATCH OUT FOR THAT TREE!!!"

The Elders are still trying to drag me back in. I had a long sit down with the Presiding Overseer and another Elder to go over my concerns. I told them about Beth-Sarim and they said they never heard of it. ("Theocratical Warfare Strategy") I showed them proof how the NWT makes changes in the scriptures. I showed them the numerous false prophecies. I showed them that the WTBTS was a member of the U.N. "the Great Harlot - a disgusting thing in the sight of God and his people" for ELEVEN YEARS! They didn't believe it.

As for the shunning, it won't bother me. The only thing is that my wife, who was born into this religion, is still very active and refuses to acknowledge my research. She doesn't want to discuss any material - no matter how factual. Also, she has now decided that we will not have children because she doesn't want to raise kids in a household with separate faiths. Thanks, Watchtower!

Sucks to be me.

- sacolton

• looloo
    looloo

beth sarim did it for me to , how sweet of him to offer to live in that mansion ,before the prophets were reserected, it must of been such hard work living there and driving smart cars that the rank and file no doubt paid for , if that dosnt convince someone nothing would !!!

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Hey! Welcome to the club. The air is sweeter, the grass is greener and life is great.

momz

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

Welcome. Hope you like it here. This place has helped me out tonnes after I left the borg.

• ferret
    ferret

WELCOME Sac Stick around a while.

Woody

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Welcome sir, stick around a while, and enjoy yourself.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Welcome! Next avatar, get the Steve Martin "arrow through the head" gadget. Looookeng gooood! Look foreward to your posts.

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

Welcome to the forum! xxx Strawberry Cake

• Maddie
    Maddie

Welcome to the forum sacolton

Maddie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit