I left after 9 years ...

by sacolton 38 Replies latest jw friends

• sacolton
    sacolton

Hello, everyone!

I just disassociated myself after nine long years in the WTBTS after researching the history of the WTBTS and its founders and their lies, false prophecies and mind-control doctrines. Read my profile for more about that. Anyway, I'm glad there is a wonderful support group for those who have escaped the grasp of the WTBTS and enjoy life again without the constant fear that the WTBTS instills at every meeting. I still love God with all my heart and feel much closer to my personal relationship with Jesus Christ than ever before. I walked away from an totalitarian organization, but not from my faith in God and the Salvation.

Anyway, just wanted to say "hello" and peace to all!

- sacolton

• Cc81
    Cc81

Welcome!

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

Welcome to the forum!!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Welcome from Australia!! Read your profile and same with me blood, 1914, etc

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I still love God with all my heart and feel much closer to my personal relationship with Jesus Christ than ever before. I walked away from an totalitarian organization, but not from my faith in God and the Salvation.

Anyway, just wanted to say "hello" and peace to all!

- sacolton

Hello and welcome! I still have faith in God and the Bible, also. It's so good to hear that the WTS didn't destroy yours.

Sylvia

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Step in to light out of the darkness my friend!

• Evidently
    Evidently

Welcome to the dark side.......you'll find the force is very strong here.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Welcome to JWD sacolton, and peace to you too.

• takethat
    takethat

Hi and welcome

So glad you made such a great decision and still maintained your faith. I too disassociated myself in April last year after 21 years a baptized witness. My reasons were much the same as yours too. Couldn't understand why the men in Brooklyn were supposed to be fallible yet it was our sacred duty to follow and uphold what they said?? (April 07 WT) That was the final straw.

How are you handling the shunning?

Believe me, freedom in Christ is SOOO worth it!!

TT

• wings
    wings

Welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit