Awake= "Playstation Games like playing with Radioactive waste!!"

by Witness 007 53 Replies latest watchtower bible

• justhuman
    justhuman

THE MOST RADIO ACTIVE MINDS ARE THOSE OF THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE WATCHTOWER

• R.F.
    R.F.

Where did it specifically mention "PlayStation" in that article?

If that were the case, I should be dead with the amount of time I clock in playing my PSP and PS3.

Someone mentioned the boys at bethel playing Halo.......it's quite popular here as well with local MS and other up-and-coming brothers, as well as other violent games.

• mavie
    mavie

scan?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Kind of a silly analogy they are using, but thats par for the course with this religion, but in all honesty I find I can't slam it completely.

In regards to children consuming violent video games for the reason being that there has been a correlation with violent actions of young people

that overly consume these kind of games and their apparent outward social behavior. One very good example of this is the Columbine school massacre

a few years ago. The boys that did all of the killings were well involved with a video game where if were to go into building and kill as many opponents as possible

you could take over the building and become the glorious winner. It would be irresponsible to suggest that there is absolutely no direct connection between the two.

Given the fact that young teens are psychologically sensitive to what they mentally take in and how they socially respond to that kind of input.

That being said, there isn't an over abundance of these very violent games and the majority are perceived to be harmless, something the Watchtower didn't seem to mention.

In the same vein as the article it could be said that intensionally reading watchtower magazines is like absorbing radioactive waste to the mind and the intellect.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I remember them saying "rock" music was demonized and that it led to kids committing suicide. I wonder how come they don't have the same view of cowboy and indians' movies?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I agree with the poster who made the comparison with the Bible's gore and violence. How can anyone read Joshua and not agree that it glorifies violence? Sure, it narrates a "holy war" that was supposed to have God's backing, but it otherwise is filled with slaughter and pillage and epic battles. I could easily imagine it adapted into a Playstation game, with each new city being a new battleground for Israelites (the good guys) to defeat them wicked Canaanites (the bad guys).

Oh wait a minute, it's already a game:

http://www.aidandtrade.com/preview/america_dropshippers/Joshua_and_the_battle_of_jeric/dropshipping-95250.html

I bet it sucks, but at least it's a start. I bet Xbox or Sony can make it a much more "realistic" game. :)

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

Millions upon millions of people, both kids and adults, play these type of games.How many of them go shooting up schools or performing similar violent acts ? Are the games the cause of school shootings are is the extreme fascination with them the result of a mind that is obsessesd with violent imagery ? How many other students at Columbine who played similar games find the actions of Klebold and Harris to be repugnant and unthinkable ? How many of those video game players actually sacrificed their lives for their friends or led others to safety ? Remember, Klebold and Harris made videos.Are camcorders bad ? They drew pictures of their dark fantasies.Is the medium of drawing bad ?From little on up children see violent images of the holocaust, war, etc. through documentaries (often shown in school), tv, videos, books,magazines,etc. These images stick with them forever as well.It should also be noted that the game, DOOM, was still extremely popular at the time and that quite a few relgious groups opposed the game because it contained "demons".It was pointed out, however, that in reality one could suggest the player was actually on God's side because of destroying these evil foes.

If one is disposed to violence and has some mental disorder then it's possible they could be affected by such things as video games but that could be said about anything as well.Beer commercials are everywhere and how many get drunk, drive and killed someone ? So should beer and commercials be banned ? No, alcohol has it's place and responsibility needs to be taught.

Some kids, because of where they live (like dangerous cities) can't just run around all over their neighborhood like can be done in other areas so being inside can be rather boring for most.Also, games can be a pleasant distraction from the stress of daily life.In many unhappy households parents fight and argue so much that the kids go to their room to get away and they desperately need a distraction and stress release, as well as a sense of accomplishment that can come from a good game.They're not old enough to just "go for a drive" when they need to get away for a bit.It can also give them something in common with their friends.Which can be especially hard for kids who having trouble fitting in.In fact, I take quite the contray view of those that suggest "violent" video games cause violence.I wonder how many people who didn't have the release of going home and taking on some bad guys would instead choose to release that aggression on others in a truly diabolical way.After all, what kind of video games did Hitler play that influenced him or those who carried out his orders ? Where did such horrific actions come from ? It sure wasn't from video games.Or what about any other ancient armies and tyrannical leaders ? Did they play Grand Theft Chariot ?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I just want to point out that what one person reads or perhaps sees in a movie does not exactly equal the profound psychological effect as mentally immersing

oneself in a very violent game, there are apparent differences to be noted.

There is sound reasoning in the statement " what the mind is fed so it will also put forth " psychological imprinting is well acknowledged study in human psychology and it very much affects

are social behavior in society.

It becomes even more of an importance in young absorbing youth in their growing and developing stage of life.

The mental message in these kinds of games is to win over your opponent and become the victor, but the only way is to kill them dead and that is the only way to win.

Unfortunately games that are played by certain individuals who are emotionally unbalanced and that are having insecurity issues may take violence as a course

of action to over come these innate insecurities, in other words it puts power and control back in their hands and the end result of this expression is death and mayhem.

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose
    Exposure in high doses of radiation can destroy the lining of the stomach and allow bacteria from the intestines to invade the bloodstream, resulting in sickness. Simularly, exposure to sex and violence can damage your moral senses."

Wow! This is just terrible writing. Weak analogy, needs clarification. How is the damage caused by sex and violence similar to the damage caused by radiation. I give this article an F. Do they even have editors?

They are just making an alarming statement to throw the reader off. Radiation = BAD, videogames = BAD, what did the rest of the article say? I can't remember, just that videogames are as dangerous as radioactive waste. It is just so obvious that is what they are doing. But I would think to be more effective, they would need to be more subtle.

• brinjen
    brinjen

mkr32208

When I first got out I played a "violent game" called Worms Armegedon... I used to name all the enemy worms for the prick elders in my old hall! Did my heart good to swing down next to Bro. ____ plant a bomb and swing away! Tally-HO! BOOM!

You too? I also used to like the baseball bat weapon, especially when Bro. ______ was on a cliff edge. Out of the parrrrk! Woo hoo!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit