Awake= "Playstation Games like playing with Radioactive waste!!"

by Witness 007 53 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Awake 2008 jan.p.19 "Choosing to play violent and immoral games is like choosing to play with Radioactive waste. The damaging effects may not be immediatley obvious, but they are inevitable. Exposure in high doses of radiation can destroy the lining of the stomach and allow bacteria from the intestines to invade the bloodstream, resulting in sickness. Simularly, exposure to sex and violence can damage your moral senses."

Also kid's you'll love the Awake questionare: What is your favourite game ____________________

How many hours do you spend playing _______ {etc etc Great for the Elders and parents}

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

those idiots at bethel are on drugs! It's got to be that - I mean where do they suck these analogies from?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Mmmmmm radioactive waste

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

When I first got out I played a "violent game" called Worms Armegedon... I used to name all the enemy worms for the prick elders in my old hall! Did my heart good to swing down next to Bro. ____ plant a bomb and swing away! Tally-HO! BOOM!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Loubelle I agree....this illusrtation goes too far and is grosse!..some wannabe Jesus at bethel giving crap examples.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Well that and the presumption that the reader is going to have zero abilities to think for themselves. MMMM video games mmmmm radioactive waste. OOOkkkkay programming completed.

• dinah
    dinah

Gimme a break!! If my playstation was like radioactive waste, I'd be glowing brightly in my grave right now. Good grief! Just another way to zap the joy out of all the kids' lives.

I'll be the first to admit it can be a huge time waster. Kids should get outside and play instead of sitting in front of a video game for hours on end. But radioactive waste?? Sounds like they are running around with their heads on fire again.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

What a coincedence! I was at my doctors office yesterday and I always find a wt and awake there. That's because half of the local cong. goes there. So, anyways, I picked em up and really got pissed off. The awake and all that garbage about video games. They just love to have something to pick on, I thought I saw something in there about the internet too.

Anyways, I decided to do a little editing of my own in the magazines. I changed the wt to WACtower and on both of them wrote accross in bold letters...CULT MAGAZINE....Lies....

NMG

• wherehasmyhairgone
    wherehasmyhairgone

This reminds me of an article when i was younger..called something like 'ET or jesus' during the movies releases, and them trying to show the similarities between ET and jesus. ( awake 1983 7/8 page 27...) although i didn't read the article, I remeber my father exlain that all my ET 'stuff' had to go

It's like... oh yes they could mean they spend more time thinking about stuff that isn't us...better write an article about it..

Christ

orE.T.?

E.T.—The

Extra-Terrestrial burst on the scene in the United States this past summer, attracting theater audiences in record numbers. In only six weeks it grossed nearly $150 million. With spin-offs in E.T. dolls, toys and other merchandise—as well as the movie’s release in other parts of the world—it is estimated the public could spend a whopping $1 billion on E.T. Why the E.T. fever?

The movie depicts an ungainly 3-foot (90-cm)-high creature from space, stranded on earth, who befriends a ten-year-old boy named Elliott. E.T.’s friendliness and benign powers, such as healing the boy’s cut finger and bringing flowers to life, win the affection of Elliott and his family. Sadly, a wasting illness appears to take the creature’s life. But when he is inexplicably "resurrected" before Elliott’s eyes audiences cheer. His touching good-bye, when E.T.’s alien friends take him home, leaves hardly a dry eye in the theater.

Interestingly, many have noted parallels in the story to that of the life of Jesus Christ. Said Professor Albert E. Millar, Jr.: "I think the thing that struck me most was the idea of the capacity to heal, and then when E.T. died and was resurrected." We have in E.T., then, an enchanting Messiahlike figure that gives momentary emotional release to our need for a true friend with powers greater than ours. Therein lies the movie’s great appeal.

Despite its seemingly Christian message, however, the movie subtly condones youthful misbehavior. In an early scene we find youths playing "Dungeons and Dragons" in a smoke-filled room with a lighted cigarette on the table. Later on, when E.T. gets drunk sampling beer, and Elliott in telepathic sympathy feels the effects, it is all portrayed as something cute. Further, some of the language used by these children is gross profanity. This, along with the supernatural aspects of the movie, has bothered many Christians.

Whether parents or their children see this movie is, of course, a matter of personal choice. But because of the movie’s great popularity, let us not forget that it becomes an effective vehicle for sugarcoating youthful conduct that is definitely wrong.

E.T.

may be a skillfully constructed and highly entertaining movie. But it provides no substitute for our True Friend, Jesus Christ, who saves us from this dying, wicked world. After all, E.T. is make-believe. Christ is reality.
  • Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

For one thing children why spend so much time on useless games when you could spend in time better in service to the true god.......

And the turtles are still evil!!!!!!!

POWER & CONTROL AS USUAL

Hope4Others

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit