Awake= "Playstation Games like playing with Radioactive waste!!"

by Witness 007 53 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

According to this Awake you now have to report your gaming time!

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

Is this a good time to mention that I enjoy Grand Theft Auto 4?

Must... resist... urge to kill... hookers...

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder what would happen if the same statement was made about watching sports? I know a lot of elders that spend a great deal of time watching even having "super bowl" parties.

*** w02 8/15 p. 29 Do You Remember? ***

The violent and deadly gladiatorial events of the Roman Empire have been compared to what modern spectator sports?A recent exhibit in the Colosseum in Rome, Italy, suggested modern parallels by including video clips of bullfighting, professional boxing, auto and motorcycle races, and spectator fights at other modern sports events. Early Christians took to heart that Jehovah does not love violence or violent ones, and neither should Christians today. (Psalm 11:5)—6/15, page 29.

*** w96 2/15 p. 4 Violence Is Everywhere ***what damage they can mete out. At one hockey game in 1990, for instance, there were 86 penalties—an all-time high. The game was interrupted by three and a half hours of mayhem. One player was treated for a fractured facial bone, a scratched cornea, and a gash. Why such violence? One player explained: "When you win a real emotional game, with a lot of fights, you go home and you feel a little closer to your teammates. I thought the fights made it a real spiritual game." In so much of today’s sports, violence, it seems, has become not just the means to an end but the end itself.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

I've been playing Sins of a Solar Empire, and I bomb entire planets into submission. How's that for violent?
    http://www.sinsofasolarempire.com/

I remember not wanting to play X-Com because I thought it was demonic, curiousity eventually got the better of me though. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit