Evolutions billion dollar question!

by Blackboo 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Blackboo-----My cat has emotions and she talks to me. ( In her way.)

• brinjen
    brinjen
    Whats silly about asking how the SUN sets and rise???

I suggest you go to the children's section in your local library, and find a nice picture book on the solar system.

• Gopher
    Gopher

The sun knows how to rise and set because it is a god. Anything that moves must be alive, and something alive that is so awesome must be a god.

Just ask the people of faith of ancient times. They "knew" this to be a fact, and so worshipped the sun.

It's a good thing we have science so as to get past ancient superstitions, isn't it?

• lrkr
    lrkr
    How come animals do not talk?

They communicate with each other. But why haven't they developed vocalization to the extent that we have??? Because they didn't need it to survive. Thats the answer to every question. Why does this species have this ability??? Because they needed it to survive (those that didn't have it died) Why does that species not have a certain ability??? Because they could survive without it. I'm not neccessarily defending the position- just explaining it. As a lifelong JW, I feel that I really never studied evolution and so, really should not have any opinion on it until I look into it. The books that the Borg and most other creationist movements publish on the subject have one argument- "Life is complex- therefore there was a creator." Not a really sound logical argument......

• Blackboo
    Blackboo

Evolution is not a sound argument neither.

• nameless_one
    nameless_one

Blackboo wrote.....

::How does the SUN know how SET AND RISE?
    ::etc
    ::etc

I'm pretty sure now that you are yanking our chain here. At least I hope so, LOL! (Just in case: FYI the earth revolves around the sun, not the other way around.)

If you are just having some fun here, you are an entertaining lad and thanks for the laughs :-) If you're serious, well good luck and Godspeed LOL.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    How does the SUN KNOW how to SHINE and MOVE?

Is there an Awake article on this?

• fifi40
    fifi40

Blackboo after I stifled my yawn, I have to ask you have you never seen a happy dog.........a happy dog wags its tail, it gets excited at the return of its owner........you need to spend time around some animals, dogs would be a good start and whilst you may observe that dogs do not have the sometimes crazy range of emotions humans are able to muster up..........they sure can let you know they are happy.

You seem to have a mental block Blackboo.......your approach can be quite alienating as you continue to run around the board initiating threads based on the concept that you are right and anyone who disagree's is a fool.........this type of strategy usually bears little fruit and indicates that the originator is actually a fool himself.

You do realise that you are in the main addressing posters who have vast experience of faith, religious belief, devotion to a God, consideration of science and evolution and all of the consequence's the previoulsy mentioned continue to have on the world within which we live........dont you?????

You have obviously chosen to have a faith in a God, and whilst that is your choice, shouting insults at non believers is not going to make you any converts or win you any friends................and remember faith is all you have.........faith in your decision to believe that God made men.......... others who have studied the same evidence available to you have faith themselves............faith in their decision that men invented God.

Fi

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    How does the SUN KNOW how to SHINE and MOVE?
    Is there an Awake article on this?

Why yes there is. It's in the same edition that explains how God made the sun stand still for a day so Moses could win a battle against another one of those pesky little Canaanite tribes that were always annoying him so much. True, it did screw up the perfect timing and rotations of all the planets in our solar system for that year, not to mention freak out the people on the other side of the world when their breakfast was delayed for hours, but hey that's a small price to pay for the vindication of Jehovah's name. One can't help but wonder though, if it wouldn't have just been a tad simpler and less disruptive, if he had just zapped them with lightening or just sent an angel of death again to strike another 185,000 of them dead. Let's face it that little parlour trick never gets old! Cog

• middleman
    middleman

Let me clarify to what I think is being brought up here. All animals DO have emotions based on nerves and "feelings" of their genetic makeup. However, what humans have unique compared to all animals is a moral response (decision) to right and wrong, opposed to animals of mere consequence of conditioned response due to circumstances brought up. If this is not true, then survival of the fittest among humans like animals, include killing cause I can and you can't stop me. We know this is not true with humans though we may be bigger and tougher than someone we may not like, we most likely "choose" out of conscience rather than response not to harm them. Once again if this is not true, then killing is not wrong and may the strong man win. Why merely blame him for the "survival of the fittest?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit