Evolutions billion dollar question!

by Blackboo 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Blackboo
    Blackboo

How did EMOTIONS evolved??? *grinning* Are emotions, thinking, and morals BIOLOGICAL? Please answer this sincere question..i am actually being nice this time.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Do animals have emotions?

S

• Gopher
    Gopher

There's been research and conclusions drawn regarding how emotions went hand-in-hand with evolution.

Here: http://www.psych.ucsb.edu/research/cep/emotion.html

Here's part of what it said:

How did emotions arise and assume their distinctive structures? Fighting, falling in love, escaping predators, confronting sexual infidelity, experiencing a failure-driven loss in status, responding to the death of a family member (and so on) each involved conditions, contingencies, situations, or event-types that recurred innumerable times in hominid evolutionary history. Repeated encounters with each kind of situation selected for adaptations that guided information-processing, behavior and the body adaptively through the clusters of conditions, demands, and contingencies that characterized that particular class of situation.

Emotions arose in reaction to situations that more-evolved species encountered. In brief, those whose emotions were sharper survived better. And that got passed down.

• Blackboo
    Blackboo

How did the emotions BEGAN??? Were are not animals.....animals act on instinct..we as humans can ration situations...

• Blackboo
    Blackboo

Do dogs laugh and tell jokes? If we got our emotions through evolving conditions..through animals or (monkeys) as evolution claim..then why have we not heard a gorilla tell jokes?

• Blackboo
    Blackboo

How come animals do not talk?

• Blackboo
    Blackboo

Evolution must have screwed up down the line..and left the dogs speechless lol

• Gopher
    Gopher

As a former pet owner, I can attest that animals have emotions. Even my pet parakeet perked up at times, and was down when ignored.

The answer to your gorilla question is quite simple -- they do not have the ability to speak. If they did, certainly they would do so emotionally. They show their emotions in other ways. If you observed them long enough, you would see this to be so.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Since emotions are chemical changes in the brain, the question really is, "How did brains evolve?" - hardly a topic that I or probably anybody else on this board would be qualified to answer at a high level.

Here's a link to some scholarly material on the subject (albeit not free), if you're really interested in knowing.

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v415/n6868/full/415134a.html

• Gopher
    Gopher

Do you want to discuss various abilities of different species, or do you want to keep on the subject of emotion? After all, you said that was the BILLION dollar question, and that's the one I'm trying to address.

There are other answers to other questions you bring up, but discussing those would make this thread lose focus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit