only part of meeting you enjoyed

by martinwellborne 41 Replies latest jw friends

• martinwellborne
    martinwellborne

for me it was Bible reading, where you could express your own opinion, in line with present truth of course.

pre the change it was awful listening to some fool telling you his opinion of bible highlights

• R.F.
    R.F.

I enjoyed the end of the closing prayer. You knew you were high-tailing it out of there in a minute.

lol, just kidding.....

I liked the Theocratic Ministry School on the times that I was giving talks.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Playing the piano for kingdom songs -- before they replaced us with canned recordings.

• martinwellborne
    martinwellborne

i also used to enjoy getting the stipwatch on the bro who was on closing prayer. one goof passed the 4.45mins, that was sore. so much coughing and harrumphing

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

I particularly enjoyed the closing "amen" ....

• inkling
    inkling

i feeling i got when it was finally over.

"gee, I think i'll hit myself in the head with a hammer becuase it feels so good when I stop!"

[ink]

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy
    Playing the piano for kingdom songs -- before they replaced us with canned recordings.

That brings back wonderful memories. We had a wonderful woman named Betty play for us who also sang beautifully.

I always like the local needs and announcements. I felt like that part actually applied to my small world.

momz

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

I enjoyed when the visiting brother on Sunday had a cute son or two :)

Really, I actually did enjoy listening to the good speakers. I still have a weakness for good speakers. If someone can make boring stuff interesting, I find it intriguing to observe their style and how they choose to move and word things. It is a true gift.

• choosing life
    choosing life

I used to attend a congo that would invite the children up on the platform, if they wanted to join in, and gave them some attention. It always was low key and touching to see them enjoy themselves. Nothing preprogrammed.

I wouldn't want any children to learn the harsh ways of jws now, but this was the closest thing to Sunday school I ever saw them do. Of course, it would not be allowed anymore. Everything is scripted now, down to the prayer and song.

• flipper
    flipper

Like Frequent Fader and R.F. - I too liked the " Amen" at the final prayer as it meant the meeting was mercifully over - and freedom beckoned me at the exit door of the kingdom hall ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit