only part of meeting you enjoyed

by martinwellborne 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

I really enjoyed seeing the kingdom hall rapidly receding into a small dot in my rear view mirror.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered
    Re: only part of meeting you enjoyed

Some of the kooks that had nerve enough to take parts that they had no idea what they talking about.

PS: FF you pig!

Dismembered

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    We say this in you name and your only begotten son Jesus Christ....Amen

LOL!!! Reading that brought back memories of .....

"we pray this prayer in no other name but that of your son Jesus Christ ... Amen!"

I had heard that line sooooo many times as a small child that I thought they were really saying ... "we pray this prayer in the northern name of your son." LOL!!!

• MMae
    MMae

I especially liked socializing afterwards. I don't presently have a church to attend. (I've worked week-ends for years now.) So I continue to miss that.

I also enjyed talks that used common sense and were in touch with reality. In my final years I believe that I was viewed as one with a rebellious spirit because I sometimes questioned brothers after their talks on certian points. I did this out of a sincere heart, not to stir up things. One brother answered my question with, "I just read the outline."

• martinwellborne
    martinwellborne

thx a bunch you all made me laugh

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

well like a lot of other people here, it had to be the closing 'Amen'. Then i could go home and get tucked into my Whisky.

LFCv

• Bourne
    Bourne

For me, it was the sunday combo, provided the speaker was a good one. I think also that some of it had to do with the anticipation of eating out afterwards with my friends and/or family.

The other meetings?......the book study and school/service meeting?......very boring, to say the least.

Bourne

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Usually the Opening and Closing Songs.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

There was one Elder here in Columbus who really knew how to give an interesting talk. He was creative and sincere.

Now He runs Tower Watch, an Ex-JW Christian website.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Honestly, the closing prayer. I knew I was able to go home then. Nothing was ever enjoyable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit