How Many Here Have Any Ties To JW Relatives or Friends?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• chickpea
    chickpea

not exactly jw-free, but d@mn sure jw-lite. ( no family in at all and a few business connections that will surely end because of my fade).....

getting closer to totally uninvolved or connected with any adherents

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

When your raised in it,your Screwed..I`ve got more JW`s in my life than you can Imagine..If anyone here dosen`t have JW`s in their life,they can have some of mine!............Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• feenx
    feenx

The only active dubs I have any contact with are my parents. My father is an Elder and they go to a Russian language congregation. I do however have other ex-dubs that I keep in contact with, including my roommate who I've known since she was five. I also have a life long friend who I lost contact with after I was DF'd, but found online. She now too is DF'd and has since come out of the closet. It's crazy to see other people that you knew your whole life but have also gone on their own journey after their exodus.

• lavendar
    lavendar

My situation is kind of opposite from most on this board. NONE of our family have ever been JWs, but our son married a gal who was working towards baptism (she is now baptized). Now, the WTS has gotten their claws in our son & he's currently jumping through the hoops.....(sigh)

Lavendar

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Yes, I have ties..and it's sad too.

My parents haven't seen their granddaughter since she was about 9 months old...she's 3 now. I have parents/brother and sisters/aunts/uncles/cousins still in.

Mom and Dad - 2

Uncle and Aunt - 2

Cousins and their wives and their children - 18

2 sisters still in (one married) - 3

Niece and nephew - 2

Brother - 1

Grand total = 28 of my family trapped. So almost 1/2 of a congregation!

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

My parents and siblings are JW's.

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

75% of my family is sleep, 25% is awake.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Mother, siblings, along with various relatives are all in. I still have friends in that I associate with, and also work in a side business with many many JW's (lucky me). I do have a few relatives who are out and we are very close and have fun.

I'm pretty surrounded...wish it wasn't so. I'm working on it.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Most of our family ties are jw

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

My mother, my daughter, two granddaughters, my son-in-law and my ex-wife are all still in, which is six. That doesn't count nieces, nephews and ex-in-laws, which by marriage adds another half dozen.

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit