How Many Here Have Any Ties To JW Relatives or Friends?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

My husband's family are all in. His Dad probably the deepest. His mom still talks to us and visits, just avoids the holidays.

My family is all out... my family is really only my dad and brother. The extended family on that side never were in, which is why I didn't grow up close to them. (My mom is DA'd from about the time I was 4, but I didn't know her growing up)

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

PEC ------Sister is in JWs We hope his Brother is out, His Dad was out and now he is going back in.

• Maddie
    Maddie

Son, Dil and grand daughter

Maddie

• minimus
    minimus

When people say there should be a time when you simply get over being a JW, it's not that easy, oftentimes! Having family/friends makes it impossible if you're close to them.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

no wife in (less zealous than she used to be but still in) + BILs, Sister ILs, daughter, Son - IL

• minimus
    minimus

You see, Stilla, we'll always be affected by JWs. They're all around us!

• flipper
    flipper

MINIMUS- Most of my family is still in the witnesses. My older son, and my niece ( sisters daughter ) and myself are the only ones out of the witnesses in my family ! My mom and dad , even though they have been in it for 56 years - they respect my fade and I have a good relationship with them . My older siblings tolerate me because of mom and dad's view of me. When they die - all bets are off ! My 2 daughters shun me - haven't talked in 8 months now ! Sucks big time . I'm trying to gradually help my older daughter exit the cult - slowly. Fortunately, my wife is not religious or a witness, we get along great

• free2think
    free2think

My father (elder) and brother (ms) and SIL are in, all very zealous. Brother is an ex bethelite, who wanted to be a missionary but wife got pregnant.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Nope - shunned 100%

• minimus
    minimus

Once again, i'll say: when people don't understand why a person could leave the JWs decades ago and still be affected, they must see that many of us are entwined with JWs at some level whether we want it or not!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit