NewLightFlashLightStrobeLightBlackLightFleshlight!

by oompa 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    For Lurkers and Newbies here....

IMHO, the paraphernalia reference tends to detract from any meaningful discussion on a subject that could be of use to those questioning the WT doctrine. The thread just degrades into sexual innuendo and double entendres. Too bad since the subject strikes at the very core of WT claims. Fortunately, the matter has been very adequately "fleshed" out on other threads.

New Light and Tacking in the wind http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/78846/1.ashx

Flickering Light http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/3435/1.ashx

Of Tacking and New Light http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/2220/1.ashx

New Light Question http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/54833/1.ashx

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    have you ever found one single incident in the Bible where God decided to reveal or teach FALSE teachings first....and then.......reveal the Truthful teaching later?

(Deuteronomy

19:21)21 And your eye should not feel sorry: soul will be for soul, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.

(Matthew

5:38-39)38 "YOU heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.’ 39 However, I say to YOU: Do not resist him that is wicked; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other also to him.

Does that count?

• Dagney
    Dagney

This is the only "light" I need.

Little bit o' George Clinton. Somebody gimme a flashlight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bqf2mPoOns&feature=related

Actually, that is where I thought oompa was going with this! (Sorry oompa, carry on...)

Ditto...that's all the "light" I need as well...in fact it's all the WBTS really needs...just a little funk.

Thanks for posting that.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

(Matthew 5:38-39) 38 "YOU heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.’ 39 However, I say to YOU: Do not resist him that is wicked; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other also to him.

That's good, LtCmd. It works for me.

So are we proving that what WTS does is okay?
    They are going to read this and use it in a study article.
    "Progressive light, like that of Jesus revealing that Jehovah's justice was
    perfect, but his love and forgiveness shown through the Son was now to
    be fullly revealed."

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Does that count?

In short, no. The first is a national jurisprudence. The second is a personal code of conduct.

Burn

• oompa
    oompa
    chip burner: IMHO, the paraphernalia reference tends to detract from any meaningful discussion on a subject that could be of use to those questioning the WT doctrine.

Hey it did not start out that way, sweetface made me do it!....but you do make a good point. Funny though how sometimes humor seems to fit in with serious subjects, at least for me. thanks for the more proper links........

Lore:

(Deuteronomy 19:21) 21 And your eye should not feel sorry: soul will be for soul, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.

(Matthew

5:38-39) 38 "YOU heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.’ 39 However, I say to YOU: Do not resist him that is wicked; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other also to him.

Does that count?

That is pretty good, and I also considered the "no more circumcision" rule.....but there are Jewish rules, and Christian rules.......so you would have to find new light in the Jewish truths, and the Christian truths.....................................oompa

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    So are we proving that what WTS does is okay?

Sorry, but it's better for them to hear it from an apostate then to get all distraught about it then ask their elders. And then the elders tell them the same thing.

That would be a very faith strengthening experience. If you just want to spread misinformation then you'll live up to the JW view of apostates.

Lore - W.W.S.D?

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    short, no. The first is a national jurisprudence. The second is a personal code of conduct.
    but there are Jewish rules, and Christian rules.......so you would have to find new light in the Jewish truths, and the Christian truths

Works for me!

Sort of like the fact that only judges are allowed to have someone put to death. A civilian couldn't decide to execute a murderer on his own.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

My favourites - Romans 13- Russell "Superior authorities" = Governments.

Rutherford "Superior authorities" = is Jehovah and Jesus.

Franz "Superior authorities" = is Governments again!!! {light getting brighter or...who turn the lights out??}

The people of Sodom and Gomorrah will have a ressurection {1880}.... won't have a ressurection....will have a resurrection...won't have a ressurection...will have a ressurection...won't have one {2008} {the light just keeps getting.....more confused!!}

The light keeps getting brighter and brighter untill one day you wake up in the Kingdom hall in your favourite chair, and wonder W.T.F am I doing here!!

• Hiddenwindow
    Hiddenwindow

No, I cannot think of a single instance... The WT equate their blinking light doctrine with the fact that the apostles usually had a wrong understanding of things, such as the issue of personal prominence among them. However, I find it incredible that people swallow that since it is quite evident that the apostles never presented that as official christian doctrine and never forced anyone to accept those concepts as true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit