WT Comments (1/28 STAND FIRM) FEATURING RICHIE RICH

by V 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

makes me think of a grade C or D science fiction film I saw a long time ago. Aliens hiding as humans - they meet in a hangar somewhere for a pep talk.

The leader says, "What do we want to do????"
    (followers) Go Home!!!!
    When do we want to go???
    Real soon!!!!

• Mary
    Mary
    Today, we may not clearly see why some organizational matters are handled in a certain way,

You mean like why the R&F's donations are going to silence victims of pedophiles that you protected?

but we have every reason to trust in Jehovah's guidance through his faithful channel of communication.

'Every reason'. Ah yes. In other words: Don't ask any questions. Don't think for yourself and whatever you do, don't report any illegal activity you see going on in the congregation to the authorities! They are Satan's minions, doncha know?

At times, our enemies may seem to be getting the upper hand.

Indeed. Especially when the WT's underhanded shananigans are reported on Dateline and 20/20 for the world to see.

From our limited perspective, we may not be able to see the whole picture.

And a good thing too, or they wouldn't have any members left.

Good summary Richie! Your comments were far better than the cookie cutter answers that'll be dished out Sunday morning.

Gosh, now that the Craptower has exposed Pharoah as such an evil guy, I'll never be able to look at Yul Brenner the same again.

• Mary
    Mary

Sorry, double post.

• Honesty
    Honesty

No wonder my 11 year-old and his 16 year-old half-sister don't get too excited about Sunday anymore.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Typical WT rhetoric: "you yourselves will be silent." Their favorite response to questions and doubts. Be silent and wait on Jehovah!!!

Wonderful to see you here Richie.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

15) What else can we learn from Israel's Exodus from Egypt? That we must obey Jehovah no matter what he asks us to do. The Israelites were obedient in carrying out the detailed preparations for the Passover. They obediently stayed indoors during the night of Nisan 14. When they finally left Egypt, they had to go "in battle formation." (Exodus 13:18) Today, it is so important that we follow the guidance that comes to us through "the faithful and discreet slave"! (Matthew 24:45) We have to listen very carefully to God's word behind us, saying: "'This is the way. Walk in it, you people,' in case you people should go to the right or in case you should go to the left." (Isaiah 30: 21) As we get nearer to the outbreak of the great tribulation, we may well receive some detailed instructions. Our safe journey through those troublesome days will depend on our keeping in step with other loyal servants of Jehovah.

16) Remember, too, that Jehovah diverted the Israelites into a position where they appeared to be trapped between the mountains on the one side and the Red Sea on the other. It just did not seem to be the right move. But Jehovah had everything in hand, and all worked out to his praise and to the salvation of his people. Today, we may not clearly see why some organizational matters are handled in a certain way, but we have every reason to trust in Jehovah's guidance through his faithful channel of communication. At times, our enemies may seem to be getting the upper hand. From our limited perspective, we may not be able to see the whole picture. Still, Jehovah is capable of maneuvering matters at the right moment, just as he did back there for the sons of Israel. -Proverbs 3:5.

So I kept waiting for some exciting buildup. I figured by para. 6 or 7, things would really be cooking.
    What a letdown. The entire article was NOTHING. They just wanted to say the things highlighted
    above in two paragraphs.

Basically, OBEY the GB. Even when you want to question them or don't understand them, just OBEY.

• V
    V

Not to distract from Rich's excellent commentary...but the new Video Watchtower Comments is just released. Pleased as punch with this...

Watchtower Comments "Keep Watching" (Week of Feb 11)

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Does raising your arms help you sing?

yes

• Gopher
    Gopher

V -- I enjoyed that WT Comments for the week of 2/11, and added a comment on You Tube.

There's one small correction you could make -- the study week is listed there as ending on 2/18, whereas 2/17 would be the correct date.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Lets all stand and sing " We thank you Richie Rich "

Human imagination + Human ignorance = Religion

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit