WT Comments (1/28 STAND FIRM) FEATURING RICHIE RICH

by V 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That is a foretaste of the non sequiturs that will be upcoming. Trust that Jehovah will save you, because He has pre-saved a people in the past and logged it down so He won't have to repeat it for you. Just act as if what is written down was reality.

The upcoming article that struck me as a total non sequitur has to do with prayer. There is an upcoming Kool-Aid where the study article is trusting in prayers to be answered. Then there are some pre-logged examples of all the prayers that Jehovah has ever answered, with the common denominator being that they are all intended to serve Jehovah. Not one of those pre-logged prayer answers were for a prayer that had anything to do with personal needs not directly linked to serving that Almighty Louse.

I can't wait to see how that one is going to play out. For one thing, I would rather see it here than have to sit through the wastefest and hear the canned comments you are allowed to make about it. And then have to go through that Tyrant not answering any of my personal prayers the way He caused me to be rejected by the opposite sex immediately following that Puketower that blamed Satan. I have a whole swarm of comments I would like to hear about that upcoming article.

• jeanV
    jeanV

15) What else can we learn from Israel's Exodus from Egypt? That we must obey Jehovah no matter what he asks us to do. The Israelites were obedient in carrying out the detailed preparations for the Passover. They obediently stayed indoors during the night of Nisan 14. When they finally left Egypt, they had to go "in battle formation." (Exodus 13:18) Today, it is so important that we follow the guidance that comes to us through "the faithful and discreet slave"! (Matthew 24:45) We have to listen very carefully to God's word behind us, saying: "'This is the way. Walk in it, you people,' in case you people should go to the right or in case you should go to the left." (Isaiah 30: 21) As we get nearer to the outbreak of the great tribulation, we may well receive some detailed instructions. Our safe journey through those troublesome days will depend on our keeping in step with other loyal servants of Jehovah.

16) Remember, too, that Jehovah diverted the Israelites into a position where they appeared to be trapped between the mountains on the one side and the Red Sea on the other. It just did not seem to be the right move. But Jehovah had everything in hand, and all worked out to his praise and to the salvation of his people. Today, we may not clearly see why some organizational matters are handled in a certain way, but we have every reason to trust in Jehovah's guidance through his faithful channel of communication. At times, our enemies may seem to be getting the upper hand. From our limited perspective, we may not be able to see the whole picture. Still, Jehovah is capable of maneuvering matters at the right moment, just as he did back there for the sons of Israel. -Proverbs 3:5.

Brainwashing paragraphs of the year!

I wonder how JW's would feel reading similar reasonings in a publication of another religious group... but of course JW's are right and other groups are wrong ;-)

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

That we must obey Jehovah no matter what he asks us to do.

Today, it is so important that we follow the guidance that comes to us through "the faithful and discreet slave"!

Today, we may not clearly see why some organizational matters are handled in a certain way, but we have every reason to trust in Jehovah's guidance through his faithful channel of communication.

• happehanna
    happehanna

How good it is to be able to see this Watchtower article for what it is, total brainwashing bull !

Hard to imagine I swallowed all that stuff for so many years

Thanks Richie for your skill in cutting to the quick with such wit and style

• restrangled
    restrangled

Funny ....

[edited by JGnat]

Don't be so quick to send him lovey statements.....

[edited by JGnat]

R.

• yknot
    yknot

ahhh...how refreshing to have this perspective each week as I dread sitting through this drivel at the podium!

RR missed your comments!

What gets me about this article is the whole "battle formation" stuff, that is newish. What happened to the battle of Jericho? What about beating our swords into plows? Letting the angels smite, while we were signed-up for clean-up detail?

Again missed your presence RR

• uninformed
    uninformed

RR

Great WT review. Thx.

Most of you covered what I was going to interject. Where were our minds when we were there? Anyway there was one point in paragraph one that needs a little emphasis:

1) Today, mankind faces events of a magnitude never previously experienced . Foretelling this about our day, Jesus warned his followers: "There will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world's beginning until now, no, nor will occur

Foretelling this about our day

How many dead witnesses for the past 100 years are doing the old "graveyard roll" on this one. What short memories we have. That expression, "our day" is a subliminal dissonant referral to the old teaching re: the GENERATION. But here, they can use the INSINUATION that the teaching is the same, but they have the deniability.

How dare they continue to have it both ways!!!

When I read shit like this, I realize I have been brain dead for decades. "Miserable man that I am, who will rescue me from the (brain) undergoing this death?"

(Romans 7:24) 24 Miserable man that I am! Who will rescue me from the body undergoing this death?

Brant

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Q3) What will be the first aspect of the great tribulation?

3) The final sealing of the anointed "slaves of our God" is approaching completion.

But I thought that happened in1935?

I've probably missed this but have they ever actually released any 'new light' on the 1935 date?

Or are they talking about a completely different sealing here?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

OK , maybe I will repeat some of your thoughts, but I would have loved to say this, this morning. But is it worth a divorce?

BTW this was meant to fire up the "bros" with the new text and make them say "Wow!, we are close!" - I saw no evidence of that..

P3 " what will happen first? An angel answers that question: "With a swift pitch will Babylon the great city be hurled down"

What happened to the "Cry of Peace and Security"? perhaps they don't beleive that any more..???.

15) What else can we learn from Israel's Exodus from Egypt? That we must obey Jehovah no matter what he asks us to do. .................Today, it is so important that we follow the guidance that comes to us through "the faithful and discreet slave"! (Matthew 24:45) We have to listen very carefully to God's word behind us, saying: "'This is the way. Walk in it, you people,'

So the f and d slave claim to speak for God."This is the way", like when the said the end was promised in 1914, 1925 or sooon ever since when they banned all blood products but now they don't, or when certain sex practices in marriage would get you d/f'd but now it does not? Do they really know the way? or are they lost in the wilderness? At least Moses knew they were going to wander and why. He did not promise an early settlement and fail to deliver

As we get nearer to the outbreak of the great tribulation, we may well receive some detailed instructions.

A carrot to make dubs sit up and think "Oh we must be getting close, I wonder what the instructions will be ?"

Our safe journey through those troublesome days will depend on our keeping in step with other loyal servants of Jehovah.

16. Trust Jehovah's guidance through his faithful channel of communication

In other words, doing everything WE tell you to do because We speak for God, (except when we get it wrong and then we say we are only human)

Bah Humbug!

In response to others comments...

cog. Do remember the WT's comments about the population of Jerusalem in 70 a.d?

g80 8/8 p. 19 Josephus—Historian Well-suited to His Subject ***

. Since an average of 10 persons would eat the Passover meal from the same animal, Josephus concluded that as many as 2,500,000 persons could be found in Jerusalem for the Passover.

"As many as" but the hearer just remembers the number. I have always doubted his figs. since I got a copy of his book and the editor scorned his fanciful numbers

heathen. They stopped believing that WW1 was part of the Gt Trib, many years ago.

Sad emo.NB there are 2 sealings, and initial one, that was not concluded in 1935, anymore and another to be finished by the time of the "Great Day"

Thanks for great commments everybody....

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

This article doesn't actually give me much confidence in Jehovah's saving power, I'm afraid. Jehovah may have managed alright against those low-tech Egyptians, but as soon as they got over to Israel and ran into people with iron chariots, Jehovah got stuck. (Judges 1:19)

I'm pretty sure that the nations massed against Jehovah at Armageddon will have iron chariots: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abrams_tank

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit