WT Comments (1/28 STAND FIRM) FEATURING RICHIE RICH

by V 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• KW13
    KW13
    Paragraph 14 - How appropriate, then, is our yeartext for 2008: "Stand firm and see the salvation of Jehovah"!

How stupid, they almost make it sound like God made this happen...spoooooooky...whooooooooo oooooooooo jehooooooooover did something appropriate - same as when witnesses go on about how 'current' the magazines are, yes if you live in the dark ages.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Nice to read your comments again, Richie.

Possibly the most important paragraph here… You’ve got to OBEY EVERYTHING! Jehovah might ask you to do something crazy, and you’ve got to do it! Walk through this sea bed, stand firm despite the fact that Pharoah is coming after you, turn in your field service time and come to all the meetings! Jehovah needs you!

UGGGHHHHH. So that's what it all was about.

Hey Witnesses, Jehovah might make you feel like your back is against is a wall. You might feel like there’s things that don’t line up in the foundation of your faith. You might feel like you’ve been duped by a bunch of old guys in a tall building in Brooklyn. But you’re good. Don’t worry. The Israelites didn’t. They just shut up and chilled in the mountains.

That's the same message other cultic groups have anyway!

Yes, Jehovah will save his people, just like he did over two and a half thousand years ago. And just like when he more recently supernaturally led all JWs unscathed through the walls of the Nazi camps, and from being raped and killed in Malawi.

Being God's people should give you some perks. At least it apparently used to.

Awakened, you WIN, sir.

And V, great job on the YouTube comments!

• dinah
    dinah

Just proves my theory that you never see them say "Obey Jehovah" without seeing the "faithful and discrete slave" mentioned in the SAME PARAGRAPH.

They think their enemies have the upper hand? Hmmmm, seems to me that we do.

Come apostates, lets work harder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

The WTBTS can't get its math straight in this article either.

Although there are millions of people on the march, this is no disorderly crowd. The Bible record says: "It was in battle formation that the sons of Israel went up out of the land of Egypt." -Exodus 13:17,18.

The Bible says Pharoah sent 600 war chariots chasing after them! Now even if there were only 1 million Israelites, and only 25% of them were men who could fight, the other half being women and 1/2 the men being too young or too old, that still leaves and army of 250,000 marching men in battle formation. What were Pharoah's 600 chariots going to accomplish in this situation?

Just doesn't add up to me.

Cog

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

OK, more on population of ancient cities. This is really bugging me for some reason!!!!!! See how excited I am!!!!!!

Here's a paste from a trivia site about the population of Ancient Rome:

Ancient Rome became the first city to reach a population of one million in 5 B.C. It would be more than eighteen centuries before the second such city, London, would reach that milestone in 1800.

I'm not saying that this source is unimpeachable, but I quickly browsed a bunch of others and I'm getting similiar findings. I'm now off to look for a credible source of the population of ancient Egypt. Something tells me it is going to be under 1 million. Yet, the Israelites, who were living in slave conditions, not the most conducive to longevity and healthy child mortality rates, supposedly numbered in the millions? Yeah right!

Cog

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Here's a link to a well referenced site, which gives the peak population of Egypts capital cities as 30-40,000 people. The combined populations of all of Egypts cities is approximately 200,000 people at its peak.

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/cities.htm

A book on archeology I'm reading at home says the first mention of the Hebrews occur in the Amorite records who were tribes under the dominion of Egypt at the time. The Hebrews were little pockets of scattered Amorite rebels who refused to pay the tributes to the Egyptian overlords. They were considered the rabble of the time and were mostly stamped out by the Egyptians and Amorites themselves as they also refused to pay taxes to their Amorite leaders. However, a group of them were successful in making a fortifications in the hills of Palestine and held off the Egyptians for a time. (Probably they couldn't be bothered with them as they had bigger battles to fight elsewhere at the time.

The tribe of Israelites was not even mentioned in the Egyptian records until hundreds of years later during the time of the great migrations caused by the Mycenean wars. At the time there were hundres of different ethnic tribes migrating all over the area that was encompassed as they were all dislocated by invading peoples from the Mediteranean sea.

Cog

• Odrade
    Odrade

Ha! So this is the last WT study from the "old format," right? So the next one should be "REALLY HARD," right? Well, that's what an elder told me anyways, that when the new "members only" study Watchtower came out that the articles would be much deeper. Ha! We'll see about that... I suppose it won't take much to top this one.

• heathen
    heathen

I thought they believed the tribulation started when the four horsemen began their ride during 1914 . If they are now pretending to be moses in the tower then I think they can't follow instructions very well and keep misleading the people. So why on earth at this point would anybody take what they say at face value? They abandoned and trashed people that believed the end was sooooooooo close. Unbelievable .

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

"As we get nearer to the outbreak of the great tribulation, we may well receive some detailed instructions."

And our track record on predicting this event is HOW accurate?

"Our safe journey through those troublesome days will depend on our keeping in step with other loyal servants of Jehovah."

Also known as "goose stepping through the trib"! -<<< obligatory exclamation

"Today, we may not clearly see why some organizational matters are handled in a certain way, but we have every reason to trust in Jehovah's guidance through his faithful channel of communication."

Grape Kool-aide is good for you. Honest. Praise Jah!

"At times, our enemies may seem to be getting the upper hand."

That would be brother Chester putting his hand on your son's wiener.

"From our limited perspective, we may not be able to see the whole picture."

Bad cable outage and missed NBC Dateline! -<<< obligatory exclamation

"Our enemy, Satan the Devil, knows our weaknesses, and he tries to catch us off guard or to attack a vulnerable spot."

Our enemy has teams of social scientists and lawyers to devise ways to use literature and emotional manipulation to exploit our vulnerabilities.

• POs Son
    POs Son

Richie- Where are you? Does anyone know? I am sure he can share his comments on this thread. You out there Richard?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit