What has happened to your human decency?

by multifarious 152 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

As someone who fully took part in the thread about the dead dude behind the assembly hall, I will offer you how I feel about the whole thing.

First of all, people die every minute of every day. I cannot feel sad all damn day because people are always dying.

Second, the JW religion NEVER allowed us to have a sense of humor about the religion itself because it was disrespectful to Jehovah. Being able to have a sense of humor about the aspects, rituals, and beliefs of the religion is very refreshing after having it suppressed for so long

Third, I enjoy making people laugh. And if I can still do it when or even after I die, that's great! With the comments in that thread, the dead guy was actually able to bring some smiles to people's faces after he passed on. That's quite an accomplishment! I only wish I can do so when my time comes.

If you prefer to think about death and how unfortunate it is, then go right ahead. I prefer to keep a more positive and happy view on life because it keeps me positive, emotionally healthy, and happy. I need that after 13 years of being depressed and beaten during my stay in the JW religion.

• tigresse
    tigresse
    Third, I enjoy making people laugh. And if I can still do it when or even after I die, that's great! With the comments in that thread, the dead guy was actually able to bring some smiles to people's faces after he passed on. That's quite an accomplishment! I only wish I can do so when my time comes.

LOL.

People view things differently. I like your perspective. LOL

• Scully
    Scully
    multifariousRe: What has happened to your human decency? 01-Feb-08 01:38

Post 17 of 24
    since 30-Jan-08

18 y 10 m 7 d
    My reading comprehension is fine.
    IP: 1qpRyurTZo3lP2Nl

erynwRe: Barbara Anderson's Comments from her CD compilation now online! 18-Jan-08 19:50

Post 2013 of 2016
    since 18-Jul-07

FYI, I have it on good authority that recent sales of the CD to procure the court documents have come from attorneys who are pursuing litigation in behalf of child sexual abuse clients against Jehovah's Witnesses. This in itself, Barbara said, makes all the work worthwhile.

That's awesome that this has become such a valuable tool in this fight!

IP: 1qpRyurTZo3lP2Nl
  • SixofNine
    SixofNine

Oh god, how embarrassing. I've been arguing with a dying woman!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

JFC, Scully!

Where's OUTLAW's "shoot-myself-in-the-head" emoticon when you need it?

• nvrgnbk
  • sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Bumble Bee, you owe me $100. I said yesterday she would create another account. Cha-ching!!!!! Drinking money for the Super Bowl.

And here I was being compassionate and understanding. For that I want my $30 bucks back that I donated for your CA trip. I will give you a PO Box because there is no way in hell you are getting my address.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Next time I'm in DC, dinner is on me sweetface! lol

You'd think, with her being an award winning Web Master, she'd know about the IP address thing! lol

Good catch Scully!

BB

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"For that I want my $30 bucks back that I donated for your CA trip."

Nice charity, Hitler.

• Scully
    Scully
    You'd think, with her being an award winning Web Master, she'd know about the IP address thing! lol

Apparently she does, which is why she was using a proxy server for some of the posts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit