What has happened to your human decency?

by multifarious 152 Replies latest jw friends

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I saw that thread when it was up but didn't say anything because I couldn't see what was so interesting about it

Re-reading all the posts there were cheap shots taken , but they were harmless and some were actual dam funny

You shouldn't read to much of it, you can find humor in the most unusual of circumstances

• beksbks
    beksbks
    Is there really so much hate for this religion? I can't get my mind around that.

It's more than simple hate. Hon, this is a cult. A mind controlling cult. We have broken free. We are giddy with relief! I will tell you the happiest most proud wonderful thing I can say in my life. My children did not live even one day as a JW! That is how strongly I feel. And I was born into that religion.

• avishai
    avishai
    Is there really so much hate for this religion? I can't get my mind around that.

Think really, really hard about that statement. And the hate the JW's have for any religion that is'nt them. Any PERSON that is'nt them. And their (collective, I don't see this in you, I know all about the wanting to save everyone) rabid desire to see God KILL everyone that is'nt them. THEN come back and ask.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Multifarious, you said:

I was disgusted to see that in two different threads both dealing with a human tragedy many many people making fun of first, a dead person who was found behind a JW Assembly Hall and second, a woman who was beaten, terrorized and held at knife point by her psycho JW husband while their young daughter watched it all.

I started the second thread about the poor woman and her JW husband: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/14/152017/1.ashx

I do not agree that anyone on that thread made fun of the woman at all. The reason I posted the thread was because I felt awful that something terrible had happened to her, and in part because of one man's overzealousness for his beliefs.

You may or may not agree that his JW belief system was what the main reason behind his terrorism, but in no way did anyone on that thread show a disrespect for the Catholic woman.

This board is populated with very decent people for the most part. If you took time to understand us better, you'd understand that in the first thread about the corpse behind the Assembly Hall the target of our humor was the assembly itself and the organization, and not the dead man. And you'd understand that in the second thread, the target of our concerns was what was in the mind of the JW man and what might have made him act in that criminal manner over a religious dispute.

• multifarious
    multifarious

Avishai, I know I am in the minority here since I am still active. I haven't had the experience you and others have with Jehovah's Witnesses. The fact I am here means something or should because what I am doing is a serious no no. Maybe as I read more I'll understand this. But I hope what I learn doesn't change who I am and how I feel about this.

• avengers
    avengers
    Is there really so much hate for this religion?

YES!

I hate this religion with a passion.

Most "brothers and sisters" are good people. Two of my kids are still in and so is my ex.

The teachings of the WT is what I hate; not the people. I don't hate the JW's. The Watchtower has to go.

It is the most misleading, hypocritical, lying, murderous religion on earth upthere with the rest of the religions.

It has nothing to do with truth. Money and power over the heads of our beloved.

Disgusting!

• llbh
    llbh

MF,

Please stick around, those who call you a troll are wrong to be so unkind to a new one like you.

I find that most here are kind and considerate, you will find the same to be true. A lot still hurt and can be a little tactless, that is to be expected, though it is unpleasant

I look forward to you posting here

Regards David

• inkling
  • Gopher
    Gopher
    I hope what I learn doesn't change who I am

Knowledge by itself will not change you. If you're a good caring person now, you'll be a good caring person later, just with more understanding of things.

I'm still the same basic person as when I was an active JW and Ministerial Servant, with the exception of being more relaxed and less judgmental than I was. (I'm not calling you judgmental, I don't know you.)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"You are in the minority because you are still active?"..Wrong!..We have plenty of active Dubs here............"The fact you are here,means something?"..To who?..People come and go all the time...........If you don`t like a thread,find another..Most importantly,don`t Whine!..LOL!!.................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit