JW husband wages holy war on Catholic wife in Wisconsin

by Gopher 34 Replies latest social current

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

What ever happened to the idea of "winning them without a word" because of their "good conduct"?

W

• Gopher
    Gopher

Finally-Free, you are taking the Bible out of context !!

It says at 1 Peter 3:1 --

In the same way, you wives, be submissive to your own husbands so that even if any of them are disobedient to the word, they may be won without a word by the behavior of their wives.....

Where does it mention that husbands are to win over their wives? NO!!!! This verse only applies to womenfolk. Men have to take the lead and show who's da boss!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Finally-Free, you are taking the Bible out of context !!

It says at 1 Peter 3:1 --

In the same way, you wives, be submissive to your own husbands so that even if any of them are disobedient to the word, they may be won without a word by the behavior of their wives.....
    Where does it mention that husbands are to win over their wives? NO!!!! This verse only applies to womenfolk. Men have to take the lead and show who's da boss!

Ok, I think I finally understand why the elders kept saying I didn't "have my wife in subjection". I was too busy being a nice guy. No wonder I was never an elder or MS. W

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I wonder if I know these people, cause I know a lot of JWs in the lower WI area. When I was a kid, there was a 3rd Gen JW that killed his wife w/ a baseball bat. They DF'd him, but then reinstated him while he was serving time in prison cause he was REALLY sorry, but she was not a proper wife according to Prov (I think it is prov or ps??) so she had it coming to her.

I agree w/ OTWO, they will DF the guy and say that they never knew he was crazy and that they do not condone this type of behavior. But then when he says "sorry" to the body of elder (not his wife of course), they will forgive him and let him back in. Then they will hope she will become a JW and use them as an example at the assemblies.

• tula
    tula

Gee minettie!

Poor woman.

Only good to come out of this is hopefully some much needed bad publicity for the JWs and a prison term for the jerk.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev
    “punch through steel if he wanted to.”

Of course only with the help of Jehovah's Holy spirit.

• kls*
    kls*
    just what the cheeseheadz from wisconsin need.... more inference that they are actually cheeseheadz

Hmmm

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I agree w/ OTWO, they will DF the guy and say that they never knew he was crazy and that they do not condone this type of behavior. But then when he says "sorry" to the body of elder (not his wife of course), they will forgive him and let him back in. Then they will hope she will become a JW and use them as an example at the assemblies.

OR- they will simply fabricate the end of this story to fit their needs
    regardless of what actually happens.

Excellent thought.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Packer fan?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

This guy is a violent and abusive and dangerous person. That he is also a JW is a coincidence - this kind of guy could be in any religion. I hope he gets the full 35 years in prison. I hope his wife divorces him and that he never sees his child again. This isn't a JW issue, there are guys like this all over the place. His being a JW might be his excuse for behaving like that, but if he weren't a JW he'd find some other excuse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit