JW husband wages holy war on Catholic wife in Wisconsin

by Gopher 34 Replies latest social current

• Gopher
    Gopher

The point is, JW's claim their teachings turn lion-like people into peaceable ones who can co-exist with lambs. They say their teachings are superior in molding people to be Christ-like.

But in reality their teachings of absolutism and separation from the world blind people and cause them to erect unnecessary barriers between them and their family, even their close family. That's part of what happened here.

Yes this man's actions were extreme, but the JW's were supposed to teach him to be better than that.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    JW husband wages holy war on Catholic wife in Wisconsin

OMG! When I saw your title, I thought it was going to be referencing an Onion article. I'm sure the witnesses will be quick to point out that this is an isolated incident and that the vast majority don't resort to violence or threats of violence. Or do they?

Does emotional blackmail count? The JW are experts at that.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke
    The man, 30, is charged with substantial battery, first-degree recklessly endangering safety, false imprisonment and intimidating a witness.

I thought *he* was the Witness and *she* was the Catholic.....

I am confused???

Pope

• ESTEE
    ESTEE
    the woman said her husband got some alcohol from the refrigerator and told her he was going to get drunk and jump in Lake Michigan before driving away. Once the woman knew he was gone she grabbed her daughter and went to a neighbor’s house to call police.

Yup . . . there is an example of a well-balanced, loving jw husband

Glad she left.

ESTEE

• Gopher
    Gopher

The man, 30, is charged with substantial battery, first-degree recklessly endangering safety, false imprisonment and intimidating a witness.

I thought *he* was the Witness and *she* was the Catholic.....

I am confused???

I doubt that you're confused!

Actually, I think the daughter was the witness (with a small 'w') in this case.

• tula
    tula
    intimidating a witness.

That's where the emotional blackmail comes into play. But that's another thread.

Gopher, this is terrible stuff. But I am glad you posted it for all to see and ponder.

• multifarious
    multifarious

Nevermind

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Well my take is the guy was probably a wackjob to begin with, and upon becoming a dub, now Catholicism joins his hit-list.

Aside from the violence, the religious intolerance will not endear them to the local territory...

That said, calling it a "holy war" was not the best title...

She did the right thing, and I hope that scumbag pays dearly for injuring her.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    I am totally shocked at the heartlessness of some of the people on this thread.

I'll tell you something multi, my JW father was a violent alcoholic, and I watched him beat up my mom about 5 nights a week. It's not uncommon among witness families. Actually, statistics for this kind of thing are very high among JW's. If I can handle the chatter, surely you can.

• Layla33
    Layla33

I think the man was mentally unstable and violent to begin with, however, I do believe that being a JW exacerbated his tendencies because everyone knows how JWs are about intimidation and pressure when one of the family members is not a JW. I can totally believe that he took it too far. Would a religion that is supposed to represent a God of love, do that? When God is not a religion in the first place, I think not!

I hope she divorces him, gets her children away from that maniac and he is put under the jail.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit