~Mmm. Tell us your healthy snack ideas/recipes~

by FlyingHighNow 50 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I took a ruby red grapefruit just now and cut it in half and then fourthed the half. This started me thinking. I bet all of you have healthy snack ideas and recipes you could share with all of us. I am very concerned about getting healthier as I am not a young whipper snapper any longer. So please, share them and I will copy them and put them in a word document and store them on my PC.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

1 Glass of Tomato Juice.

That's pretty much it for me since I've been on my diet.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Mmmm. Yes. Tomato juice or V-8. I also like canned tomatoes.

• mama1119
    mama1119

I make Turkey and Cheese rolls, but I use that Light Laughing Cow cheese..yummy! Add a few apple slices and delish!!!!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hey, Mama, hadn't seen you round for a while. What else do you use on the rolls? Can you list the ingredients?

• evita
    evita

Some of my Weight Watchers staples are:

A can of stewed tomatoes heated up with a slice of Kraft 2% single melted into it.

A can of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped. Mushed up with Light Laughing Cow Cheese (garlic flavor). It makes an artichokey spread and I eat it with Ry-krisp crackers or AkMaks.

A big bowl of cut-up mango and papaya. For those times when an apple just doesn't do the trick.

Sushi from the deli section of the grocery store. Beware the ones with mayo. I just get the veggie or the calif. roll.

A big bowl of air-popped popcorn lightly sprayed with olive or canola oil spray. Then sprinkled with popcorn salt. Popcorn salt is hard to find but it is much finer than regular salt and sticks better to low-fat popcorn. I have this with a glass of V8.

I will post more as I think of them.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Thank you, Evita. All of this sounds great. I love the artichoke idea especially. Can't wait for more.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

A healthy snack.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Roasted tomatoes~

cut your tomato in half and put on backing sheet with cut half up.

sprinkle with garlic basil or ahatever spice you like...cayenne (I like) sometimes cilantro

top with a little pamesean and put them in the oven and broil.

nummy nummy

you can sprinkle it with a tiny bit of virgin olive oil and its still healthy.

• cab1000
    cab1000

Reduced fat triscut crackers, with fat free cottage cheese as a "dip". Yum-o

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit