Kids Still Get Whacked @ Armageddon. Current Light. (With Pix!)

by Open mind 64 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mariusuk.
    Mariusuk.

The artists really have an issue will Reagan, De Vito and Hannibal from the A Team

That is just twisted, could not find a likeness with the priest type but you just know he is modelled on someone famous.

Ever take a good look at the pictures from the old "My Book of Bible Stories" for the dub kids? My ex's aunt is a JW, I told my ex in no uncertain terms that she was not to allow my daughter to go to any meetings or the like when her aunt visited. After the Aunt left I noticedwhile tidying my daughters bedroom a copy of it surreptitiously left in her bookshelf. My ex said "it's just a book like we used to have in sunday school, what's the problem" (she is from a catholic background). Then I showed her the pictures of murder, stonings, prostitutes eaten by weird multiheaded beasts etc. It quickly went in the bin

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

That picture from Paradise Lost always got me... the little girl, holding her dolly, and her puppy falling in with her. Just MESSED UP is what that is.

Did anybody read the rest of the text on that page, or did you just look at the pictures... talk of people's flesh rotting off their bones while they're still alive, because Jehovah will send this flesh-eating plague to the heathen scum. Was this scripture later decided to be not literal? I don't recall reading such a graphic description or interpretation in later literature.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Just learned something new today! Looking at the picture of the men in front of the house on fire. I always thought the man was pulling his own tie, but if you look close he has a stick! I looked at that picture for the first time almost 50 years ago.

• nelly136
    nelly136

aww bless the paradise book of my childhood nightmares, little girl clasping her doll as she and her dog fall down the chasm, i'd forgotten how descriptive the words were. i wonder how many of the new present day dubs have even seen or read the book.

never forgotten the picture of baal(?) with the baby being handed towards it flame ridden lap to be sacrificed either.

although the pictures are soo simplistic by todays standards they were more than enough to instill the fear of armagonnagettum back then.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

When the JWs are studying a book like the Climax book today, do they stop where there has been a major change in doctrine and have the flock pencil in or otherwise make note of the changes and admit that earlier "truth" was actually false?

http://144000.110mb.com/144000/i-7.html#VIII

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit