Wow, the year is 2008, and still no Armageddon!

by Nosferatu 140 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Every time we enter a new year, I think about how I wasn't supposed to make it this long. I REALLY believed we wouldn't live past the year 2000, and Armageddon would change everything. It almost strikes me as living on borrowed time, but then I remember that Armageddon is a story, not a reality. But here we are in 2008, still alive, and still living in this so-called wicked system of things.

Anybody else get any weird feelings or thoughts when we enter a new year?

• Gopher
    Gopher

No, I'm just feeling a little older each year.

Actually, they will probably someday begin to teach that Armageddon has already happened invisibly, and that we are in a spiritual "new order". They made the so-called events of 1914 invisible, why not make Armageddon invisible too?

• isnrblog
    isnrblog

I was convinced that things were so bad that I would never graduate high school.

I graduated in 1969. You're surprised?

www.isnrblog.com

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

If like me and was raised in the troof,never thought we'd see 2008 , still expect more B/S and lies over the years from the GB , blaming the rank and file that we played too much emphasis in it (like Fred Franz did over 1975)and look out for the W/D bringing out articles on the fact that Armageddon is purely symbolic!

• Alex Delta
    Alex Delta

2012, that’s when it’s going to happen, the Mayan calendar, Nostradamus, and Einstein says it. Not that I believe in this, but if it’s anytime for it to happen, 2012 is it.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Any XJW who lived through 1975,is extremely jaded about any talk of Armageddon............Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• Mariusuk.
    Mariusuk.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that it will not be here come 2009 either

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

So I was wondering just what is so wicked about our system?

Pedophiles, disfellowshipping, lying, corruption. Maybe it's an armageddon towards the Watchtower? People in glass houses I suppose.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I graduated highschool in 1975 and now I am 50. I lived through the hype where your spirituality was judged based upon your trust in 1975.

And now here I am. Most of the elders from that timeperiod have died of old age. Those that remain are either out of the organization or are in a state of denial.

• mind my own
    mind my own

Yes, I remember my Dad telling me not to worry too much about my grades b/c the new system would be here before I even gratuated from high school. I was going to drop out of high school and pioneer til the end came. OMG how silly does this sound now?? Anyways, I didn't drop out and I graduated from high school 15 years ago. Still not here...

MMO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit