Wow, the year is 2008, and still no Armageddon!

by Nosferatu 140 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I really wish more JW's would actually read the NT as opposed to just the stuff that the WT tells them to read.

Jesus's warning about "like a thief in the night", he statement that NO ONE knows when and to NOT look for signs, it seems that the words of Jesus take second place tot he teachings of the WT.

Sad really.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

AE said:

by error they have made mistakes but also jw too have made mistakes...the ones who believed it would be 1975, they NEVEr heard that from the Gb, the gb clearly said not to get carried away but sadly some people are too keen and only in the truth for surviving the time of the end...Jah must have seen this, yet the people came to their own conclusion and believed what THEY came to think and reason. So when it didnt happen they fell away (shows the amount of love for Jah they really had) and blamed the GB.

My reply: Yes, by error they have made mistakes, and also prophecied falsely in God's name. They actually make a mockery of staying awake and make God's word look bad. They innolculate people against the Gospel. Do you know what innoculate means??? It means introduce a small and weakened amount of something to others to get them used to it and allow them to fight it off. They introduce a false, weakened Gospel to people and make them want to have nothing to do with God. "Jah", as you like to say has nothing to do with the gov body- the only jah that has anything to do with the JW leadership is the one created by the Gov body. This is a false god- one who does not exist. One must leave the JWs and the gov body leadership to become right with God.

AE said: I guess we all decide who to follow............ Im with Jah firmly side by side

My reply: Sadly you are not. You are on the GB's side- a proven false prophet. And if you read Matt 24 IN CONTEXTZ and in its entirety you would see Jesus is warning NOT TO take world events to mean the end is near- a thief in the night does not leave tracks.

The JWs are a satanic counterfeit of the real thing.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

The GB promoted 1975 not only in K/M's but in study articles from as early as 1967, Fred Franz gave many Public Talks on the 1975 subject in many D/C's even came to the UK , then when the date came and went, he gave further Public Discourses blaming the brethren do some research on the 1975 failed prophecy FFS!

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

angel eyes, I posted this for you in another thread last night, but apparently you didn't get to see it. This is an example of what the WTS published on 1975:

"WHAT about all this talk concerning the year 1975? Lively discussions, some based on speculation, have burst into flame during recent months among serious students of the Bible. Their interest has been kindled by the belief that 1975 will mark the end of 6,000 years of human history since Adam's creation. The nearness of such an important date indeed fires the imagination and presents unlimited possibilities for discussion.
    2 But wait! How do we know their calculations are correct? What basis is there for saying Adam was created nearly 5,993 years ago? Does the one Book that can be implicitly trusted for its truthful historical accuracy, namely, the Inspired Word of Jehovah, the Holy Bible, give support and credence to such a conclusion?
    35 One thing is absolutely certain, Bible chronology reinforced with fulfilled Bible prophecy shows that six thousand years of man's existence will soon be up, yes, within this generation! (Matt. 24:34) This is, therefore, no time to be indifferent and complacent. This is not the time to be toying with the words of Jesus that "concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father." (Matt. 24:36) To the contrary, it is a time when one should be keenly aware that the end of this system of things is rapidly coming to its violent end. Make no mistake, it is sufficient that the Father himself knows both the "day and hour"!
    36 Even if one cannot see beyond 1975, is this any reason to be less active? The apostles could not see even this far; they knew nothing about 1975. All they could see was a short time ahead in which to finish the work assigned to them."
    Watchtower 1968 August 15 p.494 Why Are You Looking Forward to 1975?

Or perhaps you like to hear the words directly from Fred Franz' mouth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaXbBVVoeEQ

To blame the R&F witnesses for "reading too much into 1975" is offensive.

• Spook
    Spook

I told all my friends when I DA'd that I'd let them off easy until 2014, at which point I will start judging THEM. I will contact the ones I still have access and invite them all to discuss with me why I left Jehovah's Witnesses, Christianity and theism.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The 1975 fiasco was horrible and to say that it was "fault" of the people that were being TOLD to believe in that date, even more so.

But hardly unexpected, the MO of the WT has always been when they screw up on another date: Change the meaning or deny it or blame someone else.

• Heaven
    Heaven

To blame the R&F witnesses for "reading too much into 1975" is offensive.

Right on, bluecanary! It is also ignorant (as in uneducated) and an indication of denial in the individuals who do this very thing. The phrase 'born yesterday' comes to mind.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

AE, the Wt printed in a book regarding 1975 that it had to happen this way (100 yr reign of Vhrist following 6000 years of man's creation) if Jesus truly was who he said- Lord of the Sabbath. What happened? Was Jesus wrong? Or did the GB presumpteously make the rules as to who Jesus is? Then again, we are ahead of ourselves here. You never gave an answer to why the GB are so special that they were chosen in the first place. Yes, you gave canned JW rhetoric, which was soundly shown to be wrong. So again, what are we left with?? Why do you feel the WT was cxhosen by Jesus to handle his earthly affairs? Was it their ability to speak so many false prophecies? Their ability to make ridiculous teachings? What?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

or when the Wt had to change their 1914 generation prophecy they mentioned how 'some of Jehovah's people' had tried to speculate how long a generation is. Really??? WHich of "Jehovah's people"??? The GB, the ones who kept pushing it and insinuating how long generations can last. The membership does not originate teachings, only the GB does.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

they say 6,000 years will soon be up,doesnt say Yes it WILL be up in 1975.

Is this year the final year?? Is it the last year?? thats what he says.....

This has been taperd with....its so obvious....even in his tone of voice it shows he was saying one sentence and then jumps into the end of another...

He says as to what the year 1975 means to us,(then he tone changes and he then says in another sentence) when God will bring the end of armegeddon...blah blah....forgot the rest BUT its so false!! An expolice officer i am, and yes many of you dont like me for i serve Jah but im not stupid, hence im still serving Jah. The Gb themselfs have said they NEVER said 1975 WOULD be the end.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit