Brant Jones Letters to and From the Watchtower- 2005-06

by uninformed 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

Dear Brant,

I felt your heart-felt concerns in your letters to the WT. I also felt their lack of concern for your well-being.

When my husband and I were called before a Judicial Committee of 6 elders, even though we had known the

men for many years, it was if we were beneath them. They were cold and unloving, even flippant in their treatment

of us.

These letters were well written and should have been given more attention rather than dismissing them unapologetically.

This is our website, at the bottom is the transcript from our recorded disfellowshipping.

www.geocities.com/veliveleth

Love and hugs,

Velta

• avishai
    avishai

Jaydoe and others who don't think it's a big deal....Ever read the 1963 resolution JW's took as an oath @ a convention?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

If anyone is having difficulty with the filespace link the two letters are also saved at

http://jwfacts.com/experiences/bjonesunletter.pdf

http://jwfacts.com/experiences/brantjonesunresponse.pdf

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Brant: You are brilliant and steadfast in demanding the truth. The WTS: Evasive weasels hiding their infidelity.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Jaydoe: "it would be sad to get into trouble over the UN scandal." Sadder still to get DFed over joining the Y just for the pool.

• monophonic
    monophonic

great job on the letters....unfortunately, in their twisted reasoning, i'm sure they're stoked to get 'that bad influence' out of the congregation.

hopefully others will see how arrogant the wtbts is in dealing with their double standard and get out.

it's funny. i left in 1999, faded successfully, and the main reason i left was because of the air of arrogance among most of the congregation elders i had dealt with in my life....it finally hit me, if middle management is arrogant in a company, that's usually a trickle down from upper management, the ceo, etc., so why should it be different with jw organization.

little did i know that they were even more arrogant than i had ever thought after doing research a few years later.

• Watkins
    Watkins

Bravo Bravo Brant! Their best defense was to take the offensive, wasn't it? Because they don't HAVE a defense, just more LIES! I feel your pain deeply - sure you've got a bad attitude, but THEY gave it to you! I guess it's all your fault you discovered the truth! Bravo for you, I say!

omg Avishi! - how in the world did you remember that post from 2001!??? - what a sharp mind! That's a keeper - the wording has become self-incriminating. Yes, this is what I was taught(and I was so proud to know this fact that no one else seemed to understand, stupid worldlings...) and it was a HUGE thing to me when I uncovered the truth about it. To those who think it might've been just a mistake - that doesn't change the fact of the belief that was STRONGLY and confidently preached about the UN - Satan's own tool that arose in OPPOSITION to God - standing in HIS Holy Place! It doesn't matter that they were "only" an NGO - tha's as close to becoming 'joined' with 'the Beast' as any religion can get - all religions share an NGO status within the UN guidelines and the WTBTS didn't have some kind of 'special arrangement'. lol They did what they had to do to become and remain in the UN/NGO program, which is re-register EVERY year and submit proof that they published information about UN programs. The most damning proof is in your WT CD's, if they haven't "revised" them yet. For what real reasons did the WT join? WHO CARES??? By their own dogma there is NO reason good enough - it's blatant 'idol worship'. They certainly don't make any allowances for any [other] organisations in the UN! This revelation was the actual straw that broke my poor old camel's back. It SHOCKED me into reality and got me to re-research EVERYthing for myself.

Since then, the '2 class hope' has overtaken the UN thing as my pet project - to me this doctrine is the most dangerous and divisive for all under the WT's influence, essentially walling them off from the Christ. And then there's the unproveable GB/FDS theory, the diabolical blood theory, the gymnastic Bible-hopscotch, and the totally UNbiblical shunning... it's like a bizarre game of 'opposites'...

In Reality, UN or no UN, the WTBTS is as FALSE as religion can get.

But it will forever remain that the UN/NGO debacle is what first opened my eyes to the WT's revisionism and fraud. Thank God for the internet and JWD!

Good news is - there is HOPE after the WT! watkins

• uninformed
    uninformed

Thanks to all of you for reading and commenting.

Just one remark to Jaydoe. I appreciate your right to your view, and I agree that my letter was hostile. Please keep in mind that as a young man, I gave up two years of my life, IN PRISON, in order to live up to their stated belief, "that we should be neutral, no part of the political structrue of this world". The WT marriage with the UN was the opposite of their own teaching.

At the time I wrote the letter to the WT, in 2005, I firmly believed that the WT at least "had been" God's Organization. I was struggling with several teachings, primarily the "generation" change (it changed again this year), and how it affected the 'message' that I delivered for 40 years, that is, the living in 1914 would see the end, now what are we going to tell them?

I was also upset re: the death of the Malawi brothers in view of the WT association with the UN.

I was very upset re: the change of teaching on neutrality, (1994 I think).

Even as an elder for 30+ years, I NEVER believed the 144,000 was a literal number, and got called down a few times over it, especially in the late 90's.

I was upset following the 1975 debacle and lies that followed. And I was upset re: the constant bragging on the part of the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" from the early 80's forward.

NO, IT WAS NOT A SAD THING TO BE DISFELLOWSHIPPED FOR (THE UN DEAL), IT WAS A REAL JOY AND PRIVILEGE, TO BE THROWN OUT BECAUSE OF THEIR LYING AND FALSE TEACHING.

It is great to be out from under their "loving" control.

Brant

• jaydoe
    jaydoe

I do agree they look like total jackasses with statements like this:

However, we, as witnesses of the Sovereign God Jehovah, will continue refusing to engage in such idolatrous worship, for we see, under angelic enlightenment, that God has smitten such idolaters with a malignant ulcer, symbolically speaking, that will spell death to them as spiritually diseased image worshipers who worship a man-made political creation rather than the Creator of heaven and earth;"

However, put this in perspective this resolution was made in what 1963? The GB is not made up of the same guys, its obvious that the tone has softened, isn't it possible that the current tone is more correct and they were just too full of themselves in 1963?

In my mind joining the Y is roughly equivalent to the WTS using the UN library. I have never heard about someone getting DF'ed for joining the Y (none around me), has it really happened? and would it happen today?

Having been out for 5 years now my thinking has been altered somewhat. Like most good dubs 5 years ago I cared about outward appearances, now I could give a crap about what people think. The one question I ask myself is what does God think about my actions...if I think he's OK with it then I'm good. With that mindset I dont really care if the WTS joins the UN to have access to services they provide. However I do expect their actions to not be hypocritical. If you're using the UN's services and need to be critical of them make sure you do it in a balanced way with full disclosure etc. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander when it comes to your membership.

I dont want you all to think I am pro-WTS(being new here)...I am not . I despise the way in which they totally control their members and break up families via disfellowshipping. I think their actions with blood and pedo's is criminal. Even in the cesspool they have created, there is a group of very nice people that it would be great to associate with again (some of them I'm sure are on this board).

J

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

Great Job Brant!

I am impressed that you felt so compelled by the issue that you took it all the way to Bethel. Many would cower in the same circumstances, but I guess that's why some still remain inside that broken system.

Coorespondance from the DPI unequivocally states that if the WTS or anyone else merely wanted access to the UN Libraries then they could simply get a Library card! Registering as a UN NGO is clearly for a different reason that the WTS does not want to come clean on. Even more damning is the hasty decision to dissassociate themselves once the truth of their affiliation with the UN NGO program became known through the investigative article that appeared in The Guardian newspaper just 24hrs earlier! And finally their words in the 1991 WT show them as hypocritical beyond doubt by condemning Christendom for the affiliation with the UN via the NGO program.

Looking back on the years that have passed since I can see this issue with fresh eyes. The Society's actions are reminiscent of other insular organizations such as Scientology and Fundementalist Latter Day Saints. They share the same playbook. In the end it really doesn't matter because people who stay "in" are doing so NOT because of accuracy, fact and logic. I surmise that many continue despite the perponderance of evidence due to a fostered dependance reinforced by the threat of bannishment and loss of their social and family ties.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit