Brant Jones Letters to and From the Watchtower- 2005-06

by uninformed 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Thanks, JWfacts, for those links from your own site. For those I don't have to mess with security settings on either my Firefox or IE browsers.

Brant -- I can only mimic the appreciation for your letter that's already been expressed.

Yes, the society indeed has a short memory of how their early descriptions clearly revealed their hatred and vehemence to this conglomeration of nations. I was even amused at how they deflected your criticism in their response.

"Any reader of our publications can tell that there has been no change in our view of the UN or what we have published about its role in Bible prophecy over the years since 1991 merely by checking the references cited in current Watch Tower Publications Indexes under ..."

Yes, I highlighted their expression "since 1991" because, to me, it stood out like a sore thumb.

It seems that they are leaning on that "new light" button at every juncture. That resolution, Avishai (thanks for sharing) -- the one from that district assembly, the one I attended in Kansas City, Mo., is now obsolete. Their resolve (yes, I voiced my loud "aye" along with most in attendance) was, in effect, worthless. Their almost militant resolve back then becomes empty and worthless rhetoric today. That, friends, was some 30 years before 1991. That was old light.

If you, Brant, were in attendance at that assembly I wonder if it was shortly after your 3 year incarceration for "maintaining your integrity" for the Watchtower cause. Our friend Terry once told me that he was there shortly following his release from prison.

Len Miller

• uninformed
    uninformed

Len

Thanks for your post.

I believe that the assembly that the resolution was made was the "Everlasting Good News Around the World" District Assembly in 1963. I went to jail in 1966 and when I got out in 1968, the next major assembly was the International Assemblies of 1969, of which I attended in Kansas City also!

At any time in my life as a witness, I would have quit upon coming to know that they had joined the UN as an NGO, especially on the sly. If there was nothing wrong with it, then when exposed, why did they drop their 'association' (if they really did). Also, if there was nothing wrong with it, why did they not announce it in the WT or Kingdom Ministry?

The reason is simply that they VIOLATED their own policy to do what they did.

I almost quit in 1995, when the WT changed the generation teaching. The reason being was that I promised myself if they EVER abandoned the 1914 teaching that I would quit. Not because I was so sold on the 1914 date, but because they hung so much of their 'internal' evidence as being God's Organization on that date. So when they changed the MEANING of the GENERATION teaching, I became fairly hostile, recognizing that they CHANGED the 1914 teaching in its most basic sense, but then by changing the meaning of the generation, they made it difficult to prove that they really abandoned the 1914 belief, while we all know that is exactly what happened.

They are a bunch of smart cookies, and they don't have a good motive.

Jaydoe, thanks for your post and your pm. I sure didn't take you as an apologist for the WT. Only thing I would do though, is for your own good, be careful in imputing good motives to the WT and its slaves. They are an insidious group, and while we all feel that we have or had "friends" among them, at this point in my life, I think that it is dissonance on our part to be accepting of them. For me, rejection is protection. If they want acceptance from me, they need to stand up, walk out, and make it clear they are no longer under the control of the WT.

Some have been able to come here and continue as Pioneers, Elders, Servants and even Bethelites. I sincerely respect what they are TRYING to do, but if you ask me they are just prolonging the inevitable.

That's got to be another thread.

Thank all of you for your nice compliments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brant

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

I believe that the assembly that the resolution was made was the "Everlasting Good News Around the World" District Assembly in 1963. I went to jail in 1966 and when I got out in 1968, the next major assembly was the International Assemblies of 1969, of which I attended in Kansas City also!

You're right. Just before your post showed up, my WT library CD confirmed it. My young family and I attended the 1963 Milwaukee event. At the 1969 Kansas City assembly, we tented in some farmer's bush hogged field where a sharp stump pierced completely through our canvas floor.

Len Miller

• uninformed
    uninformed

I was fresh married and we stayed in an unfinished apartment house on the floor.

What an experience. Wouldn't it be nice to go back there, meet each other and leave then!!

Brant

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Good job, Brant! The WTS uses good people like you and tosses them aside like a used kleenex. Their loss. Welcome to a new life!

It was interesting to note as I was reading your correspondence, your reference to your circuit overseer, Gene Brown. He is my cousin. The last time I saw him and his wife Heidi was when his mother died last year. Quite a pair they are.

• uninformed
    uninformed

BB

Re Gene Brown: He refused to come to my house and discuss the situation with me.

A man of real confidence and faith!

(Ezekiel 34:1-10) 34

And the word of Jehovah continued to occur to me, saying: 2 "Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel. Prophesy, and you must say to them, to the shepherds, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said: "Woe to the shepherds of Israel, who have become feeders of themselves! Is it not the flock that the shepherds ought to feed? 3 The fat is what YOU eat, and with the wool YOU clothe your own selves. The plump animal is what YOU slaughter. The flock itself YOU do not feed. 4 The sickened ones YOU have not strengthened, and the ailing one YOU have not healed, and the broken one YOU have not bandaged, and the dispersed one YOU have not brought back, and the lost one YOU have not sought to find, but with harshness YOU have had them in subjection, even with tyranny. 5 And they were gradually scattered because of there being no shepherd, so that they became food for every wild beast of the field, and they continued to be scattered. 6 My sheep kept straying on all the mountains and on every high hill; and on all the surface of the earth my sheep were scattered, with no one making a search and with no one seeking to find. 7 "‘"Therefore, YOU shepherds, hear the word of Jehovah, 8 ‘"As I am alive," is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, "surely for the reason that my sheep became something for plunder and my sheep continued to be food for every wild beast of the field, because there was no shepherd, and my shepherds did not search for my sheep, but the shepherds kept feeding themselves, and my own sheep they did not feed,"’ 9 therefore, YOU shepherds, hear the word of Jehovah. 10 This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said, ‘Here I am against the shepherds, and I shall certainly ask back my sheep from their hand and make them cease from feeding [my] sheep, and the shepherds will no longer feed themselves; and I will deliver my sheep out of their mouth, and they will not become food for them.’"

I hope this part of the Bible is true.

Brant

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Hello Brant! Long time no 'speak.' I hope you are doing well. BTW, regarding the shepherds...it will happen. :)

Your friend always,

Justy

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Re Gene Brown: He refused to come to my house and discuss the situation with me.

A man of real confidence and faith!

OK - let's just say the words, all together now: *c h i c k e n s h i t*

He has had a tough road - mom and dad were JW's extraordinare - dad PO and mom the elderette to end all. Son and daughter are both out of the organization. Gene and Heidi have both been DF'd in their ancient histories for drunkeness (both still heavy drinkers).

Sadly, he is a real robot - with more reason every year to toe the party line - what retirement do they have as they pass 60+ without the WTS? Of course, what retirement do they have WITH the WTS? Why does no one ever ask these important questions?

• SWALKER
    SWALKER
    I almost quit in 1995, when the WT changed the generation teaching. The reason being was that I promised myself if they EVER abandoned the 1914 teaching that I would quit. Not because I was so sold on the 1914 date, but because they hung so much of their 'internal' evidence as being God's Organization on that date. So when they changed the MEANING of the GENERATION teaching, I became fairly hostile, recognizing that they CHANGED the 1914 teaching in its most basic sense, but then by changing the meaning of the generation, they made it difficult to prove that they really abandoned the 1914 belief, while we all know that is exactly what happened.

Great minds think alike!!! I still remember the day I read that Watchtower and how I felt. For me that was the beginning of the end, and the U.N. issue was the icing on the cake!

Swalker

• uninformed
    uninformed

justitia

bizzybee

swalker

Thanks for the nice comments. It is great to see you here too Justitia--I always hade a real respect for your posts here and at the cafe.

Swalker, I still love your avatar. Funny that the 95 WT would do the same to both of us.

Appreciate all the comments.

Brant

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit