Brant Jones Letters to and From the Watchtower- 2005-06

by uninformed 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• uninformed
    uninformed

Thanks to Scully, I have figured out where to put these letters so all that would like to access them and read them can do so.--Just click on the link below.

Don't expect a lot from the letters, as I am a brick mason and not the brightest bulb on the (new) Christmas Tree.

In my correspondence with the WT, I exerted all my effort to keep the discussion on just the UN, even though I did have misgivings on other matters. I thought if I was able to keep the discussion on just the UN that it would prove to be more difficult for them to disfellowship me, as it was THEIR conduct that I was opposing, conduct that violated their own teachings.

It worked to some extent, as they had to trump up charges on us that we started our own religion because we had the Memorial Celebration in 2006 with our family rather than at the Kingdumb Hall. It was a real pleasure to be disfellowshipped for their sin. It really helped us to pick up our lives when we realized how hypocritical and vicious our "loving" slave was.

If you have any questions re: the letters, please feel free to PM me or get my email address and write to me.

I WOULD APPRECIATE FEEDBACK ON HOW THIS IS WORKING IF YOU USE IT. THANKS

Brant

http://www.sendspace.com/file/q24jlc

• proplog2
    proplog2

Brant: Do you still believe in God and the Devil and all that stuff? I read your exchange of letters.

• jaydoe
    jaydoe

Not trying to start anything here...(am interested to hear counter-arguments)

This is the best explanation I have seen to date from the WTS about the UN issue. The WTS is obviously embarrassed about the whole thing and is putting a spin on it. Do I think its plausible for things to go down as stated in the letter?...yes. Maybe I am naive but I like to think that everyone at the WTS is basically trying to do a good job. The 2nd to last paragraph on page 2 is the closet thing to an apology I have ever seen from the WTS.

I did find it interesting that the writer of the Sept 20, 2005 letter started off the letter on offense rather than defense (disappointed with your tone etc). They would have come off being more credible by leaving the offense out of the letter.

For the record, I do tend to agree with the writer that your tone was hostile. I am not being critical of your letter, when I first learned about the UN thing I was very upset about it as well.

Personally I dont feel that the UN scandal in itself should be enough to make someone with many years of service leave. Tell me you cant agree with their stand on blood, or the way they break up families via disfellowshipping...but it would be sad to get into trouble over the UN scandal.

just my .02

J

• proplog2
    proplog2

Jaydoe:

I too agree that the UN thing is a mere straw in their eye.

Their most serious problem is that the Great Tribulation hasn't started and that could change things overnight.

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

Thank You BTW you are a very smart man and your letters very thoughtful and helpful.

• yesidid
    yesidid

Thank you Brant,

They are just as good as I remember them.

I will let you know if they have any effect on the Witness for whom I was asking them.

yesidid

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

I WOULD APPRECIATE FEEDBACK ON HOW THIS IS WORKING IF YOU USE IT. THANKS

Sorry, Brant, but I can't get your link to work. Well, your link actually gets me to the downloading site so that link must be the one which is failing. The download seems to start -- there's a progress bar -- but when it's finished, nothing arrives at my end.

Perhaps it's my Firefox browser.

Len Miller

• Layla33
    Layla33

This is a great letter and very thoroughly researched and criticisms are very well founded. I applaud you.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The link works great!......Brant..Your tone with those lying bastards was just fine..You were "stonewalled" at every opportunity..They just want you to shut up and forget about it...........Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

My compliments to you sir. I didn't have the opportunity to make the borgs UN involovement an issue with them as I left, although I certainly mentioned it in my resignation letter. They get a ton of these, you have to know that. I even got my dad to write a letter about the UN, although I never found out what became of that.

You gave your entire life to them. Unfortunately it doesn't surprise me in the least their self righteous and hypocritical response. You were never as important to them as the cover up. Your letters were perfect, I for one could never have improved on them. I am sure they will help many.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit