Any introverts out there?

by wings 53 Replies latest jw friends

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

"Very expressed introvert" here.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Which suggests introverts are frequently classifies in negative sectors by others and by themselves which others are to ready to agree with and remind them of! As if an introvert has to prove otherwise and a regular person doesn't which is ironical when one compares the two personalities! It will self fulfill more often than not!

• wings
    wings

So are we saying introvert is within the normal range, a positive or a negative?

Or is it the position of one expected to explain themselves to those declaring themselves not having to?

I'm not sure about a positive or negative. I'd have to go with Crumpet for today...feel like a freak. Maybe tomorrow will be different. I don't feel a need to explain myself, only to find some affirmation that I am not alone. Alone in my aloneness......more wierdness. RC you aren't posting some famous quote that I will feel dumb about later are you?

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

100% Introvert here, so crumpet:

In other words FREAK!

That's at least 2 of us!

I am in a career listed for my type but would much prefer a behind-the-scenes role. I'd rather stay at home really - or fulfil my desire to 'disappear' completely.

• nondescriptex
    nondescriptex

Introvert here. I used to think I should change, but now I'm comfortable. Nothing wrong with preferring a quiet evening at home. Introversion doesn't impress a generally extroverted society, but that same society needs its quiet thinkers. For example, I understand Abraham Lincoln was an introvert.

• wings
    wings

Finally Free

I'm not introverted. I associate with my bird as much as I can, and I usually initiate conversation with him

I thought of you and your bird when I started this thread. How the conversation going tonight?

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

No wings - my stuff so nowhere near lol.

Weird how saying me is introverted makes me feel introverted if you catch my drift - which is likely more a measure of how I feel society feels! Maybe untrue but it does tend to stick as if extroverts sometimes appear to be ones making rules for the rest - but maybe thats an ego thing or lack of communication with my own speceis - which incidentally extroverts seem to have very quietly, secretly aquired the stocks and shares of by and large. Maybe another misconception but its one I seem to feel inside!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

INTJ here - very expressed introvert. I like people, like having friends, but love coming home to my house, my bed, my privacy. I think I might have been more extroverted except for the damage done to me as a kid. I don't like being the center of attention, don't like parties, unless I'm giving them. I'm OK with it, but wouldn't mind having a companion for weekends, trips, etc.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Are you concerned that your idea of a good time is to drink wine and watch a movie ALONE?

I have no problem with an evening like that, I prefer beer. I also enjoy going out to dinner with my wife, son and daughter in law. I like walking through the mall once and a while. I like some variety.

But I have no problem sitting home with a 6 pack of ice house and posting here on jwd.

• wings
    wings
    Weird how saying me is introverted makes me feel introverted if you catch my drift - which is likely more a measure of how I feel society feels!

Yes, RC I catch your drift. I think that I have felt for so long that I need more, more of something I don't possesses.

Maybe untrue but it does tend to stick as if extroverts sometimes appear to be ones making rules for the rest - but maybe thats an ego thing or lack of communication with my own speceis - which incidentally extroverts seem to have very quietly, secretly aquired the stocks and shares of by and large. Maybe another misconception but its one I seem to feel inside!

I understand this. So many who care about me, think that there is something wrong with me. Maybe I just need validation from those of my own kind. After all, I'm just who I am....I need to own it, and they need to deal with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit