Any introverts out there?

by wings 53 Replies latest jw friends

• wings
    wings
    but I prefer to be alone, and it' s how I "recharge my batteries".

Exactly! That is why I can't get enough of it. I am always drained. I feel like in my life I am playing baseball with a basketball.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Another question to add then to introverted claimants:

Do you think you are too introspective because of your chosen isolation?

• changeling
    changeling

You "inies" might enjoy this book: "The Introvert Advantage", by Marti Olson Laney

changeling

• Bourne
    Bourne

As an Introvert myself, I tend to agree with the scripture that basically states that "anyone isolating him(her)self, seeks their own selfish longing." BUT, I think that there is a BIG

difference between being introspective (which, by the way, not enough people do) and being hedonistically (is that a word?) selfish.

Also, I too have found that since separating myself from the collective, I am woefully inept at times in social situations, but I'm getting better.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Acording to the Myers-Briggs personality test(http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm not sure if this was it) I took a couple of years ago and I'm a "introspective introvert".

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

According to that test I am a "distinctively expressed introvert"

In other words FREAK!

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Explain yourself !:

Introverts and isolates

introspects and ponders

So those who see your plights

Insist whilst out of sight

Explain yourself!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'm not introverted. I associate with my bird as much as I can, and I usually initiate conversation with him.

W

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

So are we saying introvert is within the normal range, a positive or a negative?

Or is it the position of one expected to explain themselves to those declaring themselves not having to?

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

That test on the other thread said I'm an INTJ, and every time I take it that seems to be the result.

I prefer staying home and watching the History Channel to going out. I guess I'm just a boring and dull person to most. When I do go 'out' I try to be social, but it's not easy, and people are not too forgiving of social awkwardness as they will usually quickly find someone more interesting to talk to. I think I'm getting better, but it's still frustrating.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit