Surely the WT wouldn't LIE about motel/hotel accommodations?!?

by RisingEagle 30 Replies latest jw friends

• ?me?
    ?me?

fortunately , (well i think) i live about 6 minutes from our convention just a quick drive downtown, and right off the highway. so we do not have to monkey around with all that crap, and we even get to wake up at 9 and make it to the venue by 945 then come home for lunch if we want and be home 10 minutes after it is over... it is even closer than our own hall ! the only problem this year is the friday is on a holiday, so i really do not have an excuse for not going like i do every year when i work(i still may work).... maybe we will plan a trip for the holiday weekend.---------

on another note, my friend showed me a news article where the JW's were the largest grossing convention for the year(2007), and they were crowing about it. first off we live in the 2nd largest city in our state, but not one that is known for good weather, conventions or hotel space for that matter. and of course the only reason we bring in the people and money is we have 5 or 6 weekends of conventions, not ONE like most work conventions. i am sure it helps the city and the businesses, but it really does not say anything more about JW's other than they choose to book that particular convention hall for all those weekends, and there are alot of JW's in our region.

-----------me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit