My Wedding is coming up going to invite parents and siblings what to do????

by zamora251978 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zamora251978
    zamora251978

Hey Cc81,

I like your pic. I read about it on the internet. The problem is that in my culture it is a custom to personally deliver the invitation. That is where the problem comes in. I will take it to them tonight and If they get ugly I will be the better person and let them know that the door to my home is always open to them and that I love them. Thank you so much for your advice. Momz thank you too for your advice thank you all. I feel a little better. I am nervous right now but I do hope that my day is beatiful and full of love.

Lu

• Cc81
    Cc81

good luck!!! i am sorry you even have to deal with this : (

• babygirl75
    babygirl75
    I am nervous right now but I do hope that my day is beatiful and full of love.

It's only natural to be nervous going into a tense situation already! You'll do fine, I just know it!!

Your day will be special and beautiful, even if it was just you & your fiance there. It's the love you share together that makes the day...

• Open mind
    Open mind

First off:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

OK, back to your post.

Parents can push our buttons like no one else on the planet sometimes.

Here's an idea:

Hand deliver the invitation if you feel you must. But be determined not to get into any long conversation. Keep it short & sweet. Something like "I really hope you guys can be there." Then get out of there. Inside the inviation include a brief note explaining that it's YOUR special day and that you'd love for them to share it with you. BUT, respectfully ask them to not bring up any differences in beliefs on this special occasion.

This way you don't have any unnecessary emotional confrontations, but you've still respectfully laid down the "ground rules" beforehand. If they can't abide by them, at least they were warned.

OM

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Very good advice open mind. If she throws a fit before you can leave, just shake your head sadly. Say something like, "I am sorry you feel it is necessary to act like this. This is not the example I want to set for my kids. We're leaving." Then calmly gather your things and kids and leave. Express how sad it is that Grandma acts that way, but it is not acceptable behavior.

Please let us know how it goes. And you know what? A fortifying kiss and hug from your honey before you go in can't hurt either. Be each other's strength.

momz

• zamora251978
    zamora251978

Very true,

I do intend on getting my children ready to leave before leaving the house and then I will give them the invitation and tell them that I would love for them to be there.

Thanks for the advice. I am feeling a little better now. Its just nerves. Can't wait til my wedding though. My dress is so pretty!!!

Lu

• dawg
    dawg

Resolve in your mind that no one can or will ruin your day, know that you can't change the behavior in others, but you are the master of yourself...

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Now you are sounding like a bride!!! What kind of flowers are you having? We had stargazer lillies.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Wow! Congratulations! That's most important, you and your new husband are all that matter. I know you want them there, probably esp your mom. Don't let them ruin or dictate anything that you want, focus on the love that will be there among other family and friends, not on the love that won't.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

CONGRATULATION, I wish you many warm thoughts and good wishes... from the heart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit