My Wedding is coming up going to invite parents and siblings what to do????

by zamora251978 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Good luck!

And congrats!

• jenc
    jenc

My parents are divorced (dad JW, mom is not). Both are remarried. Myself and my siblings (non-JW, but raised JW). Anyhoo I went to Vegas to get married, I couldn't handle the stress of it all. LOL When I called dad to tell him we were getting married, he basically told me "I won't walk you down the aisle and we probably won't come". OK - stress to the max. Divorced family means 2 sides in the same room. Can't handle it. Vegas here we come. LOL

My baby brother is getting married this year. He didn't want to invite my dad or his wife at all. But then had to be respectful to my dad's sisters and their families (who are non JW and we are very close with them). My advice to him was - to not invite, makes you look like the jerk. TO invite and they decline, makes them look like the jerks. If they come and cause problems - again they look like the idiots. although I am confident that if they DO come, my dad would put on the proper behavior in front of his big sister and his neices and nephews (they all think dad can do no wrong).

I wouldn't give it to them in person. I would send it in the mail and let them RSVP like any other guest will do.

If they accept and come, have people on the look out for problem behavior and then simply ask them to leave if there is a problem (that is good advice given). If they accept and everything goes smooth - then great! If they decline to accept the invitatation to your wedding - then so be it.

jenc~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit