Thinking of giving it all up!

by eyeslice 21 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I am sure this isn't a mid-life crisis – I have done that and got out of the Jws.

But I am seriously thinking of just leaving the west with its rat race, emphasis on money, senseless TV and media, cars, shopping malls, pre-packaged food, supermarkets, etc, etc, and moving to India to live in a small cottage near a beach somewhere.

Anyone else got the urge to get out of the rat-race?

• thom
    thom

I have seriously considered a major change, but not one that gives up all the money, senseless TV and media, cars, shopping malls, pre-packaged food, supermarkets, etc, etc. I worked in Taiwan for a while in the 90's and I've considered going back as a teacher (English). Not sure yet...

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Hell ya. And India is my dream trip as well. Namaste. :)

• dawg
    dawg

I love those lonely Asian ladies... Exterminator lives in China and has PMed me a couple of times... if this album doesn't pan out, I have a degree and can teach in China.. money isn't too good but the ladies should compensate...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Right now..I`m on the side of a mountain in the Canadian Wilderness..The snow is about 2 1/2 ft deep around the Ranch house..The cat and dog are my only company until I get visitors from civilization......Guess who`s having a nice day?..LOL!!..Woohoo 2...................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I have considered what you suggest.

I don't know if I could do it until I retire - my measly US SS would go much further there. If the bastards in Washington leave anything in there for me to retire on in 12 or more years from now.

Thanx to my Brooklyn Mentors I have little else to fall back on I am afraid.

If you do it - please let us know how that goes - if you can find a computer. LOL There must be some over there - cause all my tech-service calls end up being routed over there.

Jeff

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

I vacation in Western West Virginia, trust me you dont have to leave the continental USA to get away from it all. Its still right here in your back yard. Look around.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Anyone else got the urge to get out of the rat-race?

Yes, Its all I think about. Please give me some ideas on how to accomplish such a wonderful thing.

To start the discussion. I live in a small cottage by the beach. They just cancelled my insurance.

Cottages + Beach = hurricane = high taxes, high insurance.

I've been running West Virgina by my wife and adult son.

They got the deliverence syndrome and wrong turn syndrome.

What appeals to me about West Virginia is that it is the poorest state in the union. So I'm thinking they have less infrastructure to steal taxes for. I could be wrong.

To pay low taxes, I'm thinking you have to live away from the rats and the schools and the heart attack response units in the 10 ton trucks with ladders, When I was a child in Cleveland they were called fireman.

Here in Florida they send out fire engines for 911 and then a Meat wagon to hall them away in.

Gota go.

• 5go
    5go
    But I am seriously thinking of just leaving the west with its rat race, emphasis on money, senseless TV and media, cars, shopping malls, pre-packaged food, supermarkets, etc, etc, and moving to India to live in a small cottage near a beach somewhere.

Go to Alaska of if you want tropical Costa Rica or Puerto Rico that way you are to far from home.

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

I just watched "Into the Wild" last weekend. It kind of made the idea of "giving it all up" less romantic, at least for me. Anybody else see it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit