Thinking of giving it all up!

by eyeslice 21 Replies latest jw friends

• memario
    memario
    on the side of a mountain in the Canadian Wilderness..

aaaaahhh Yes in 19years 10months 2days and 46minutes I'll be there!!

isn't retirement grand!

mem

• serendipity
    serendipity

Yes, at least once a week.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Yea, since I was 16. I am know working on a plan for a self sufficient home. I would love to live up north ( of Quebec) or somewhere in Cape Breton N-S.

• tula
    tula

Will you take elephant riding lessons before you go?

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I always have the urge. If I could live a simpler life and that life would allow happiness, I would. That's not my reality, though.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Here in canada, back in the 60's, they still had the homestead program. This was when the govt gave land to somebody w the provision that they had to clear a certain amount of it in so much time. Then, it belonged to the guy. My dad got one of those. Then he worked us kids to clear land, pasture cows, basically make a farm. It could have been fun, even without electricity, running water or phone.

Anyway, if canada still does that, you could consider the great white north.

S

• choosing life
    choosing life

Sounds great! Only thing that would hold me back is my grown kids and grandkids. Don't know if I could stand to be so far from them.

I understand about wanting to get away from all the clutter though.

• penny2
    penny2

I live "the simple life" right here where I am. Don't worry too much about material possessions, but I've got what I need. I do have a job, which I enjoy. Life's good.

penny

• Gregor
    Gregor

Ahhhh...India...! ...95 degrees F and 97% humidity, the smell of untreated sewage and body odor wafting through the air 24/7...no pesky air conditioning...drinking a glass of water is an adventure in itself...monsoon season....superstitous people with a living standard from the 18th century...I could go on...you fucky lucker...wish I could join you.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I did it, started my own business and now live in the desert...but it's not so deserted.

Best thing I ever did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit