My Response

by erynw 55 Replies latest members adult

• flipper
    flipper

Eryn, glad to see you supplying these details. Hope you are doing OK. Glad to see you here My wife sends her love.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I have no idea what "the truth" is in this matter, and frankly don't care as it's none of my business, but I just want to say that my aunt had stage IV cancer and lived with it for 4-5 years as it metasticized from one breast to another breast to her bronchial cells then her lungs, and finally to her spine. She received treatment (chemo and radiation) at each stage and this is what no doubt prolonged her life for a few years through this stage IV. She went for treatments as an outpatient most of the time, looked good right down to the end, never fully lost her hair, or looked wasted away. She even travelled a little bit in the first couple of years. It was only the last month or so that she was hospitalized and in palliative care. She was an incredibly strong and dignified woman. I never heard her complain once in that whole time.

This may not be the "usual" occurence, but it is possible. For what it's worth.

Cog

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Thank you Eryn for responding. Unfortunately, your response just doesn't add up. Plenty have, and will, commented on you cancer. Too many people have seen first hand how cancer works and kills for you to pull wool over anyone's eyes. I do not want you to be sick. I stated this in the other thread, which you did not read. So I say it again. I am thanking you for helping me learn a valuable life lesson. I will no longer get so emotionally attatched to someone on the internet. I will no longer expose my kids to the worry they felt for you, to someone on the internet. I just wish that you could have been honest enough to just be yourself, without the OD's and intruders and the drama. We still would have liked you if you had been as boring as the rest of us.

I hope you find happiness in your new life with Eclipse.

Chaunte'

• faundy
    faundy

Why does everyone think they're together?

Eclipse is married with a son and they live miles apart.

• delilah
    delilah
    Why does everyone think they're together?

Eclipse is married with a son and they live miles apart.

you said that, tongue in cheek, right??? I thought the story was she had 4 kids??? and they live a country apart....

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

leave her alone! God i am sick of this.

• faundy
    faundy

No, I'm serious.

Eclipse is married. Happily. She has a son. Eryn lives miles and miles away. Her and Eryn haven't eloped or anything.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'm not going to try to play the online doctor and diagnose your illness or anyone else's. I wish you nothing but the best, Eryn.

W

• flipper
    flipper

I will respond to what one poster wrote that needed clarifying - as myself and my wife don't want to be misrepresented here . One poster wrote that Eryn's circle of friends who gave her money " feel used too . " That is false. My wife and I gave money to her to use for her trip and/or whatever else she needed . We do not feel used , and I've talked on the phone to some who gave money and they did not " feel used " either. Not all of Eryn's friends have " pulled away " from her either as was stated. She has plenty who are supporting her . We know some of them. And you see some of them posting here on the board. I think we should let this lady who is a cancer victim have some peace now . My wife and I support her. She is a good friend.

Some other posters shared their experiences of family and friends with cancer - showing that indeed cancer victims have different experiences and duration of length the illness can last. Some cancer stays in a person for many years - some moves through them faster, bringing quick demise. I had a friend who stood up in my first wedding in 1979 who had Hodgekins Disease. They told my friend he would never live to be a teenager. Well he lived till he was 18 , then finally died in 1982. So, you just never know for sure.

I feel that we should realize that everyone in this life has a variety of experiences in many areas of life which we all go through in different ways. We are not all clones of each other designed to be painted with the exact " same life " experiences. Just because we experience getting out of the Jehovah's Witness religion one way , doesn't mean the next person will exit the same way. Or if we experience an illness like cancer , others may experience their type of cancer differently . It doesn't make one person wrong - or the other person right - it just makes it a different experience .

So Eryn, we wish you happiness and peace. Peace out, Mr & Mrs. Flipper

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

having been questioned myself repeatedly about the genuineness of my daughter's illness at the KH when she was growing up I think I can guess how you feel. I am ashamed to say that I often thought she was making it up but as others here have pointed out illness is unpredictable. Also I feel I can trust flipper's word. So I hope you stay too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit