I'm new!

by uhoh08 30 Replies latest jw friends

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Welcome to the board....

I haven't had any of my old friends to come out. The friends I had that left before me, I've lost touch with over the years since they have moved away. I have one sister that is out as well, though.

babygirl...

• jelcat8224
    jelcat8224

welcome uhoh ...

Not yet, but I do believe I have gotten some wheels turning in my mother's head

jelcat

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome to the board.
    I made 10 JW"S & have I helped any out? I believe I was used by THE HOLY Spirit ( The REAL TEACHER OF TRUTH) to help many out. Just wish that my daughter & grand-daughters would listen .but since they are forbidden to speak to me & they believe the Teacher( HOLY SPIRIT) is electricity I have to leave them to God.
    Good to have you aboard.

• Tara
    Tara

Welcome to the board! I was the only one in my family that was a JW. When I DAd myself 11 years ago all my JW friends stopped talking to me, so "No".

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy
    HI everyone. this is my first entry but i just wanted to know if any of you been able to convince your friends to come out of the "truth" and realize the society for what it really is?

Welcome to the zoo.

Be careful who you try to pull out, it's much safer for everyone to only try to pull out people who show signs of looking for answers, having problems conforming, etc. People can seriously injure themselves in a lot of ways, including loss of life, from the experience, especially if they are not ready for it. Sit back and learn for a while, then you can make informed choices about this. My 2 cents...welcome! WLG
  • ferret
    ferret

Welcome

I have got two sons out, still working on three daughters.

Stick around a while and enjoy !

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Welcome UhOh. It shure would be nice to have friends on the "outside" who understand what we're going thru.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Hello Uhoh. Welcome to the board. My wife and I had two best friends, a couple that we did everything with back in the early 70's We even took 2 week long vacations with them and lived next door to them. We were friends from the hall. We would get together everyweekend go out to dinnner, play cards, games, etc. Then in 81 my wife and I moved to Florida.

We spend this past Christmass with this couple they have both moved to Florida. They are both out of the organization. They are now divorced. Still we spent the day with them. Her new husband was there also.

Kind of bizzare.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hello and welcome, Uhoh08. Is that you in your avatar?

No, I haven't been able to get anyone out - yet. My 18-year old daughter is still.

Hope you will stay on board and tell us a little about yourself.

Sylvia

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi mouthy,
    Of course prayer, and fasting are real weapons of spiritual warfare.

Plus the gifts of the Spirit. Not forgetting the bible.

Unconditional love is essential in all though (1 Cor 13).

All the best,
    Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit