Singledom - the peaks and troughs?

by Crumpet 60 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I love the freedom living alone gives me. My schedule revolves around my lifestyle. I like not having to inform someone else what I am doing. I like to stop and smell the roses when I see them. I have no problem going to a movie or out to lunch on my own.

I do miss the companionship of another person sometimes but for now I get more from being alone than being with someone else. Plus I have a little 3 1/2 yr old grandson who snuggles up beside me and out of nowhere says "I love you Grandma". And a 2 yr old granddaughter who gives me sloppy wet kisses as she wraps her arms around my neck. Talk about melting a grandma's heart.

My mother always said I needed "A good man to take care of me".

Unless things change I think I prefer to enjoy my freedom.

• bisous
    bisous

Crumbcake: EXACTLY. It isn't the availability that is the issue, but sometimes it is the selection.

Hang in there sweety!

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I agree on the availability issue too. Just because someone is available doens't mean they're a good match.

• blondie
    blondie

I was single for 38 years before marrying, now 17 years. Marriage (or equivalent) to the right person is a good thing. Marriage (or equivalent) to the wrong person is a bad thing. I found being single a good thing and a bad thing. When I had friends to do things with or a roommate who was compatible it was good. I understand the physical needs too, the hugs and kisses, and squeezes. I do worry that I am losing those skills I had when I was single to be productive and content. We have our alone time but enjoy sharing together. Well, I'm not making much sense but I do believe friends are important, someone to share with wherever you can find them.

Blondie

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

After being married for quite some time, I can honestly say I enjoy being single again. The fact that I don´t have to decide things depending on anyone else but myself and the kiddies is very refreshing. I also can listen to the music I want, wach tv that I´d like to watch, These can seem like small things but it´s very underated IMO. Totally deciding things for myself is just awesome! The down side is having adult talk with someone outside of work. I miss the companionship part of being in a relationship. The snuggling and laughing at stupid stuff together that not everyone gets....The familiarity... But I don´t miss these things enough to be in another relationship that would make me unhappy. So until then, I´ll enjoy being single.

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

O.k. OOPs..NOT having adult talk.....

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    Just because someone is available doens't mean they're a good match.

I'M NOT????

Blondie - I think if anyone has shown evidence of being productive here its you. And you are one of the warmest souls I've had the pleasure to meet.

Don't worry Bisous - I'm not looking for anyone. I stopped looking a few months ago.

• BIG D
    BIG D

Hey, Crumpet, how you doin mam?

Remember me im big d, i met you at brunch, tall bald guy, it was good to met you, i just left a relationship, a year ago, i think i enjoy being with someone over being single, but i have been single for a year again, i am a pretty busy guy, though i did have 3 fwb, but they all faded away !!!!!!1hahahahahahahahahah

BigD

• AWAKE&WATCHING
  • Abandoned
    Abandoned
    I'M NOT????

I sure wasn't talking about you when I said that and I didn't meant it as an insult to anyone. Some people, although they are both awesome individuals separately, are not meant to get together. I think ALL people have value and are worth knowing, but not all MATCH up well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit