Singledom - the peaks and troughs?

by Crumpet 60 Replies latest jw experiences

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I knew I could count on at least two people to post on this thread - Tij and Finally Free! LOL!

How was your flight? and did you feel any better that day?

big d

Unfortunately we got half way to the airfield and pilots called in that there was extreme turbulence, so I got to see a fair bit of Dallas from Wanderlust's Blue Satan the Devil Truck and then ended up at a comedy club heckling some poor Texans. I felt much better after that!

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I have always been single. I was engaged once, but that wasnt a normal relationship...and it wouldnt have been a normal marriage... and I would be deeper mired in the dubs instead of out.

I enjoy the independence, not having to answer to anyone but myself and whatever work and school schedule I cobble together (I took Friday and Saturday off this weekend...and did...nothing...well...did do some chores...but otherwise...)

I do wish I had someone to share things with, the bed included...but does that mean I would get married? Who knows? It would sure involve changing my mindset about my space, that is for sure...but for the right person...I would do it..and treat them like royalty....

I also did not used to want kids..but after having met my ex-fiance's little girl..she melted my heart and my attitude about children.... 5 yr olds can do that..... and my 7 yr old nephew too.... he is autistic...and such a sweet boy... so the desire for kids is a little stronger than I ever expected...especially knowing the fantasy about Paradise isnt going to happen..this life is the only shot.........so this late in life..dont know if it will happen....

SnakesInTheTower (of the "Single and happy most of the time" SheepClass)

• dawg
    dawg

Snakes... nothing about my monkey sex comments?? Just damn!

As for love, you are the life you want to lead... what ya doing to correct this yearning of yuors?

• dawg
    dawg

what happened to this? I wanted snakes to answer

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

dawg:

what happened to this? I wanted snakes to answer

Snakes... nothing about my monkey sex comments?? Just damn!

As for love, you are the life you want to lead... what ya doing to correct this yearning of yuors?

sorry.. I was distracted by all the drama on the "Stalking" and "Scammer" threads and related threads.... who needs televison? As to your question....my younger brothers are inviting me to their respective towns for some "How To Get Monkey Sex 101" Seminars.... youngest brother is 10 years younger..(a scraggly looking guy by his own admission...though he can clean up nicely if he wants...)...and has always had hot looking women on his arm..and in his bed...his ex-wife was (and is) still hot...his current girlfriend is gorgeous and from a white collar family...and they love my scraggly blue collar brother to death..... my middle brother ..3 years younger...married a pretty gal and never had any issues when he was single about spending the evening alone..... ...so i just have to get the time to register for those "classes".... LOL.... oh..the one brother is in Georgia.....not too far from you i think.... Snakes ()

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Singledom and isolation for me is an echo in my soul of a powerful essence of utterly wasted goodwill and love and givingness that is an integral part of my persona. I have no fear of loneliness just depression because of it!

I would love to comitt but cannot do so, like before, out of some insincere loyalty to a forced love scenario because of religious brainwashing dictating rules of life which are not heartfelt or mutually engaging intellectually and emotionally.

I could find myself in a permanent relationship but find it impossible to be emotionally dishonest and pretend I love someone of whom I am fond and friendly with. It would be a lie to them and to me and be betraying their right to find true love as well as mine, whether or not my idea of it is an attainable reality or not for either of us! It is in some respects enslavement to an image of what I sense true love to be, but which may never occur, which prevents me from committing to any permanent and mutually desired arrangement in the name of 'true love' - which I have never had or experienced in my adult life in a sexual union!

Does that answer your question respecting me or would you like to know more?

• Es
    Es

I remember I was the same as you for a while, I hated being alone, but then I got used to it and started enjoying the freedom of it. Although I still have my son with me so I was never totally alone. But now after being in a relationship for nearly three years I hate being alone, hubby has to go travelling for work in a few weeks and Im dreading being alone with the kids for three nights heheh Ive learnt to depend on him so much. It shall be interesting

es

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

As for me, I married late (early thirties), and have only been married for a year.

I did enjoy the independence of singledom (especially being an only child). My only regret with being single is that I never got to enjoy more of it away from my parents. I moved away from them, and met my husband a year later ... after 5 more years of singledom we tied the knot.

So far I've thoroughly enjoyed being married. Sometimes I do long for the independence of singledom. But in the long run, it was a fair trade ... independence for companionship.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

peaks...can't think of any. Perhaps the freedom to indulge my unending love for instrumental guitar hero rock whenever I want to. haha

troughs...no sex, no sex, no sex...and my house is a mess lol...seriously tho, i sure wish i had a gf...seems like as the years go by the opportunities are getting fewer and farther between, it's been over a year now since my last relationship ended.

• 5go
    5go
    I'm not looking for anyone. I stopped looking a few months ago.

That's denial I think?

BTW I'm not looking for anyone. I stopped looking a few months ago.

I think I have finally resided my self to being a virgin (unless you count masturbation) for all eternity. Barring a future hot one night stand some how god forbid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit