My Husband found out about this site...

by cognac 69 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

I told him that I have no intention of leaving...

He told me that I was like "a dog returning to its vomit"...

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Yikes, that had to hurt. Well, I've been on both sides of that kind of talk and it's the mind-control. That's really how they see the world. You probably saw it yourself that way.

((((((((((((Cognac))))))))))))

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((cognac)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• cognac
    cognac

wow, this is so much harder then I thought it would be...

Thanks, guys...

• bisous
    bisous

my, what a christ-like response from a loving husband .... sorry, that sucks.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Good for you, that you're sticking to your guns. The only way he'll ever see the light is if you stand firm.

Technically, you cannot "return" to the world since you were never there in the first place. BTW I always hated that dog/vomit scripture.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Since my husband admitted that he doesn't believe some of the WTBTS teachings and yet he continues to go along with it anyway, I would say that him continuing to go is like a dog returning to the vomit.

Cog

• Odrade
    Odrade

I'm sorry cognac. I can't imagine having to deal with that in your own house. Did I see you say that you had only been married a short time? :(

• chickpea
    chickpea

sorry that your developing an inquiring mind is threatening to your spouse's sense of well-being

dont be scared off by that reference about what dogs do when they empty their gastric contents.... often it is a curative response, expelling irritants and toxins.... then a cherry picking selective retrieval of nutrients, a response to a survival drive.... it is NORMAL for that species.... it is impossible to correlate it to human behaviour... the scripture is ridiculous in terms of humans.... you ever see a person exhibit that behaviour????

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Wow! Excellent response chickpea. So, when someone says that stupid scripture, you could respond: "That helps a dog get vital nutrients he would otherwise lose. Instinct is helping him to protect himself, kind of like what I'm doing here."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit