Wow, I can't believe I'm doing this....

by megawatt 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Welcome,

Do what ever is best for yourself and your family, but do not live in fear.

Mathew 10 : 26

"So do not be afraid of them. There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. 27 What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs.

Romans 8 : 12

Therefore, brothers, we have an obligation—but it is not to the sinful nature, to live according to it. 13 For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live, 14 because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. 15 For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship.And by him we cry, "Abba,Father." 16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. 17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Welcome to the board Megawatt.

I remember that after my fade, I didn't want to have ANYTHING to do with the Witnesses, pro or con, for years.

I think it was about 1999, that I finally typed "Jehovah's Witnesses" in the ol' search engine and couldn't stop reading.

Here is my favorite site, he's since stopped updating it but the info is still there.

http://members.aol.com/beyondjw/bj.htm

That is the site that started it all for me and I just kept reading from there. It's ashame that the Watchtower Observer isn't around anymore because Kent had SO much information about all the scandels, etc in one place. That was another one that I couldn't stop reading.

Did anyone post Randy's site?

http://www.freeminds.org/

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

I wholeheartedly agree with using a different translation of the bible. A very important point!

I used the New English bible and it flows so much better than the NWT, and is so much simpler to understand.

• LennyinBluemont
    LennyinBluemont

Welcome mega and all newbies and lurkers, to the cyber refugee camp known as JWD and hosted by the gracious and generous man behind the curtain, Simon. As the effect of the drugs (read indoctrination) begin to wear off, there will be periods of disorientation and anxiety over loss of personal identity, as well as guilt feelings. Walk outdoors. Feel the breeze. Feel the sun. Listen to the birds or whatever noise there is. Realize you are a unique, intelligent being residing in the ecosystem of planet Earth. Begin the journey of finding yourself, discovering who you are, defining your new identity. Many here in the camp have been through exactly what you are experiencing, and far worse. We will share our provisions with you. All we ask is that you in turn extend love and kindness to fresh escapees as you gain strength. When you are ready, it is strongly recommended that you get a view of the "inside" at the highest level (Governing Body) by reading "Crisis of Conscience" by Raymond Franz, a GB member for nine years. This book, unlike any other available, has been like a strong wind in the lives of so many, blowing away the thick fog and erasing the guilt, allowing you to see clearly for miles and miles. For a women's perspective, your wife might enjoy "Awakening of a Jehovah's Witness" by Diane Wilson. (Both should be available on Amazon.)

"One thing I can tell you is you got to be free." John Lennon ("Come Together")

Peace, brother.

• mind my own
    mind my own

Welcome to the forum and best of luck to you!

MMO

• truthsetsonefree
  • truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Slipnslidemaster, that AOL site started it all for me too. Excellent site.

Isaac
    http://www.myspace.com/isaaccarmignani

• DJK
    DJK

Welcome.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster
    Slipnslidemaster, that AOL site started it all for me too. Excellent site.

One of the best on the net so far. I also used to enjoy the Watchtower Observer when I graduated from Beyond ExJW's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit