Wow, I can't believe I'm doing this....

by megawatt 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hey, Wildfell.

I missed all of your opening posts, so I say WELCOME to you also.

I went back and read them, and I agree with you that reading the Bible without the WT's "aids" is an awesome experience. I thought I knew the Bible; I was respected and admired by the cong for my "Bible" knowledge - which was, in reality, WT knowledge.

One thing I found from my research is that Jesus is the Old Testament God! What a shocker! No wonder the New World "Translation" pulls out all stops to obscure this fact. I used to wonder why YHWH had to resort to allowing an angel to clean up the mess in which we find ourselves.

Now, my respect, awe, admiration for Him has increased exponentially because it was He - YWHW Himself - who came to earth to straighten things out. What a revelation!

Again, I say welcome aboard and I hope you like it here.

Sylvia

• free2think
    free2think

Welcome Megawatt

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Welcome Megawatt and other newbies...

You will find this place friendly and addictive. I could have coped with the "imperfections" of the Witnesses, I would probably have swallowed their lame excuses for being in with the U N, if I had still been "in " at the time,....but I could not do anything more once I realised that it was just not true, none of it. When that hit me I was dumbstruck and angry with myself for wasting my life...but you pick yourself up and carry on.

My wife is still in , and will hear a word against the Watchtower ..but we just go on..Maybe one day the penny will drop

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Just wanted to say welcome to the board!

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

Hi Megawatt! Welcome to the Forum!!

I sent you a PM.

Have a great weekend!

• uninformed
    uninformed

Megawatt,

Welcome to the forum.

I personally have learned a lot from this forum.

Someone in a post above suggested your "really examine" the Bible teachings of the WT and then it may assist your quest for truth.

I agree with the person that it is good to examine the Bible, but the trouble is, unless you can throw the monkey off your back, i.e., quit thinking of WT explanations of the Bible, it is a more ardurous journey.

For me, it worked best to completely DESTROY the WT influence in my life by examining all the stupid, mindless, corrupt, teachings that they have had over the past 140 years. Once you don't respect them as 'BIBLE STUDENTS' anymore, it is easier to really look at the Bible in a different way, and not be guilty that you no longer see things 'their way'.

But, you are at the right place to do either or better, both methods.

Wish you the best on your journey for truth.

Brant

• freeme
    freeme

i was raised in the truth too and my wife is a nearly inactive believer :/

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Welcome Megawatt

Tell me, did your BP spike at bit on your first post?? (It did mine)

It is so encouraging to see so many exiting the borganization. Hey megawatt, JWD will tell you all about the faceless and diseased slave

• JK666
    JK666

megawatt,

Welcome to JWD!

JK

• wildfell
    wildfell

For me, it worked best to completely DESTROY the WT influence in my life by examining all the stupid, mindless, corrupt, teachings that they have had over the past 140 years. Once you don't respect them as 'BIBLE STUDENTS' anymore, it is easier to really look at the Bible in a different way, and not be guilty that you no longer see things 'their way'.

Great point, uninformed. I would add that it also helped me to use a Bible other than the new world translation. Using another Bible acts as a circuit-breaker of the wt interpretations because it is different wording, which allows your brain to break out of the wt slant on scriptures. You can then think independently of the society (oh my goodness, independent thinking, what a sin!!) and come to your own conclusions.

sylvia - hi, thanks for the welcome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit