What's The *Dumbest* Thing About Jehovah's Witnesses?

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Chalam
    Chalam

Here's some more!

Petty dumb JWs who read this in Exodus 3 of the NWT

13 Nevertheless, Moses said to the [true] God: “Suppose I am now come to the sons of Israel and I do say to them, ‘The God of YOUR forefathers has sent me to YOU,’ and they do say to me, ‘What is his name?’ What shall I say to them?” 14 At this God said to Moses: “I SHALL PROVE TO BE WHAT I SHALL PROVE TO BE.” And he added: “This is what you are to say to the sons of Israel, ‘I SHALL PROVE TO BE has sent me to YOU.’”

and don't say to themselves, pretty strange God didn't reply "Jehovah and make sure you use only that name".

Pretty dumb that Jesus said "do this in rememberance of me" but none of them do.

Pretty dumb that the Bible mentions hell many times but Armageddon only once, yet JWs don't believe in hell and that Armageddon is the only thing worth talking about along with the 144 000.

Pretty dumb that God said He would pour out his Spirit on all flesh but JWs believe it is only for the GB.

Pretty dumb that the Bible says the gifts of the Spirit are prophecy, speaking in tongues, healing etc. but the JWs think the gift have finished and that those people who are clearly using the gifts are using demonic powers.

Even dumber is their explanation of why the gifts have ended.

1 Cor 13:10

1 Corinthians 13:10 (New International Version)

10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.

Do they think we have reached perfection or the completion of things? Looks pretty imperfect out there to me!

This looks more like it right at the end of the Bible.

Revelation 21:4
    He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

Well there are many more things but should do for now!

All the best,
    Stephen

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Perhaps its the fact that the Wittinesses think they are being guided through god's holy spirit and not at all realizing they

are being guided by the holy spirit of buisnessmen...........or maybe they do.

Or perhaps they have no idea how much the Wittinesses have strong pagan roots in their structuring

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

You're not allowed to take blood .... just take some of it's fractions.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Telling everybody at the kingdumb hall not to get an education because the world is going to end in 1975.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

The stupidest beliefs are when they try to tie Daniel and Revelation together and apply it to modern times. Religious people like this tend to be very chronocentric. They will always believe they are special and thus must live in a special time. But yeah, my vote goes for the 1914/type & anti-type/multiple kings of the north and south stuff.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Someone commented about using the name Jehovah:

Even the Catholic Church acknowledges "Jehovah".

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/08329a.htm

My dumbest thing about JWs?

The over 10,000 meetings (if you really count them as 5/week and not 3) I've been to in my life!

Just SO tired!

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Refraining from eating blood, but not having met a single witness who is a vegetarian. I thawed out some pork yesterday and what do you think is at the bottom of the bowl??

How can eating and a transfusion be the same unless the needle is swallowed??? Stupid, really stupid!

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Circular Thinking

Carousel Scriptures

Independently engage your mind to to think what we tell you to!

Everyone is equal within our hierarchy!

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

World T,

Sorry Man! Hate to tell you. The red stuff at the bottom of the plate is NOT blood.

It's not blood or fat it's a protein from the muscle tissue - The attempt WAS made to bleed it!

FYI:

This is from the FDA's website: Liquid in Package
    Many people think the red liquid in packaged fresh beef is blood. However, blood is removed from beef during slaughter and only a small amount remains within the muscle tissue. Since beef is about 3/4 water, this natural moisture combined with protein is the source of the liquid in the package.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

5th generation, maybe you are correct, maybe not - you say there is a small amount of blood! Are you conceding there is some blood in it or are you saying there is no blood in it?

Please - Think independently for yourself and make up your own mind whatever you do!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit